This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Vintaak Disappearance Site Vintaak Drydock Station Observe Spatial Coordinates Examine Disappearance Site

So, specifically, when the time location flips over...
[1] does the space location flip also?
[2] Do I have to seed both the Mirror and Non-Mirror locations?
[3] If I only have to seed the Mirror OR non-Mirror location and it does "flip" to the non-mirror location, where does that go?

I'm dabbling with a mirror deck and I want to use the Defiant, but I am really confused as to what flips to what and where.

Thanks!
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Thanks for asking.

At the very minimum, you must seed Vintaak Drydock Station and its corresponding mission, Observe Spatial Coordinates. The rules require you to seed the corresponding mission of a time location to use the time location, so these two are mandatory.

Because there is no way to start with Vintaak Disappearance Site, you do not have to seed Examine Disappearance Site. If you don't, then when Vintaak Disappearance Site is "face up," you won't be able to interact with the spaceline. You can't time travel, because there's no corresponding mission.

I hope this helps.

-crp

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:13 pm Thanks for asking.

At the very minimum, you must seed Vintaak Drydock Station and its corresponding mission, Observe Spatial Coordinates. The rules require you to seed the corresponding mission of a time location to use the time location, so these two are mandatory.

Because there is no way to start with Vintaak Disappearance Site, you do not have to seed Examine Disappearance Site. If you don't, then when Vintaak Disappearance Site is "face up," you won't be able to interact with the spaceline. You can't time travel, because there's no corresponding mission.

I hope this helps.

-crp
Appreciate the quick response. I think I get it. But, just for clarity...

When the non-mirror is up, I can still enter the location (space location), and even attempt the mission, but I can't interact with the time-location? And, the Defiant would also disappear, too?
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Correct.

The spaceline locations are always there, no matter which side of the Time Location is active. All normal rules for missions apply, and anything at the space location is there no matter what.

The time location is all that changes, and when it flips, everything there goes to the other side too. So the Defiant, any crew aboard, any other ships there, phase back and forth between the quadrants/times.

-crp

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
MidnightLich wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:13 pm

-crp
But that is 1. Edition and there are ways to cheat. You can still use Wormholes to timetravel to or from your Vintaak Disappearance that has no corresponding Mission.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
On turns 2, 4, 6, etc, it can be used to access the AQ time location. Of course Starship Defiant can’t be brought back the same way mind, only the personnel.

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]