This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Okay, so can you help me interpret this scenario?

An enemy ship with big weapons is going to kill my shuttle. I want to play Narrow Escape. Which of these scenarios is true?

1. My shuttle warps out of there. The enemy ship is stopped because it tried to battle my ship that turn.

2. My shuttle warps out of there. The enemy is not stopped and can use it's range, move, or engage in battle again that same turn.

Thanks!

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
stressedoutatumc wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:08 pm Okay, so can you help me interpret this scenario?

An enemy ship with big weapons is going to kill my shuttle. I want to play Narrow Escape. Which of these scenarios is true?

1. My shuttle warps out of there. The enemy ship is stopped because it tried to battle my ship that turn.

2. My shuttle warps out of there. The enemy is not stopped and can use it's range, move, or engage in battle again that same turn.

Thanks!
Since this is 1E the answer is... neither! Narrow Escape is not a valid response to your opponent attacking your ship. You must play Narrow Escape BEFORE your opponent attacks you to use it. If you do play it before they declare battle, scenario 2 is correct. You move and then they are free to do whatever they wish with their ships afterwards.

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]