This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
You can do this yes.
In the same way decks that seed finally ready to swim have to wait to play it after they do any non-[22nd] seed downloads. Otherwise the downloads cannot work since you have no cards to discard.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Can you do this? Yes.

But why would you want to do this? All benefits on Always A Chess Game are tied to the [1E-TNG] icon. As soon as Continuing Mission discards, those icons instantly vanish from everything, and Chess Game does you no good.

There are a handful of [WC] and [RC] cards that benefit you at least a little even after Continuing Mission / Reshape the Quadrant discards (Followers of the One and Call for Reinforcements come to mind). But Chess Game is not one of them.

So I'm not sure whether you're confused or I'm confused, but one of us must be confused about something!

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:53 pm Can you do this? Yes.

But why would you want to do this? All benefits on Always A Chess Game are tied to the [1E-TNG] icon. As soon as Continuing Mission discards, those icons instantly vanish from everything, and Chess Game does you no good.

There are a handful of [WC] and [RC] cards that benefit you at least a little even after Continuing Mission / Reshape the Quadrant discards (Followers of the One and Call for Reinforcements come to mind). But Chess Game is not one of them.

So I'm not sure whether you're confused or I'm confused, but one of us must be confused about something!
I agree with you. It's actually for someone in my play group that is insisting to use the Assert Authority>>Betray Captain>>etc cycle.

I made the same argument, but he is insisting and doesn't like to post questions. So, I become that guy for our group.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]