This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
So, lets poke the elephant in the room and ramble incoherently about a Dominion War Block. Sadly as far as I know, it's an imaginary pink elephant. But it's still fun to think about it.

Part 1: Call to Arms

I think the first part should focus on the real start of hostilities with the mining of the entrance of the Bajoran Wormhole. A new Deep Space 9 card is warranted with updated stats, [Fed] [Baj] Deep Space 9 and [Dom] [Car] Terrok Nor. I think Alpha Quadrant versions of Weyoun, the Founder Leader and even Gamma Jem'Hadar are warranted, including their ships, along with dual [Car] [Dom] and [Baj] [Dom] personnel and ships. Cards would be from episodes where the station is occupied (Call to Arms) up to the point where it is retaken (Sacrifice of Angels). Rom, Leeta, Kira, Odo, Ziyal, Morn and Quark as infiltrators, and some new cards to help them wreak havoc. We'd finally get a Salvaged Attack Ship, and hopefully an objective to recover it along with an objective to blow up a Jem'Hadar station.

Part 2:

Would focus on the Klingons and Romulans part in the war. More cards from "In the Pale Moonlight", Chancellor Martok, ❖ ships for [Kli] and [Rom] that are either remade into [DS9] logo cards or entirely new spins on them. Fantasy cards to fill in the details on the occupation of Betazed could be alot of fun since 2-E got some.

Part 3:

Would focus on the Breen, the Cardassian resistance movement and the last episodes featuring the Dominion War. The Breen need a lot of love in the form or ships and personnel. Shipyard cards could be introduced as well, and objectives to destroy them. Battle and occupation related Objectives and Incidents would hopefully be added threw out the block, along with new tactics with the DS9 logo. A USS Defiant persona of USS Sao Paulo is also merited, along with a Dominion version of the USS Defiant from when it was captured (two different occasions I might add).

This was supposed to be more detailed, but it got late really quickly, lol. Time for bed, I might edit this with more ideas later. But in the meantime, what are your ideas?
Last edited by enabrantain on Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Isn't Project Storm basically block 3 of this model?

Sounds like you're asking for something that's already (at least partly) happening.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:18 am Isn't Project Storm basically block 3 of this model?

Sounds like you're asking for something that's already (at least partly) happening.
And soon...

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
When the [Dom] is playable in the alpha quadrant i hope they balance out Invasive Beam-In.

Its like: Either allows to slotter all opponents personal OR is destroyed with kevin uxbridge, so pretty game deciding.

Hope for something like in the series: it allows beaming into ships once or twice per game, but not outposts and not during all the game (as [Fed] engineers tuned their shields to counter it)

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Mr.Sloan wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:15 am When the [Dom] is playable in the alpha quadrant i hope they balance out Invasive Beam-In.

Its like: Either allows to slotter all opponents personal OR is destroyed with kevin uxbridge, so pretty game deciding.

Hope for something like in the series: it allows beaming into ships once or twice per game, but not outposts and not during all the game (as [Fed] engineers tuned their shields to counter it)
I am assuming it will be like [1E-TNG] Borg where in order to get the new cool stuff you have to turn off the old cool stuff. :twocents:
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Mr.Sloan wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:02 pm
MidnightLich wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:22 pm Check back here in about a week.

-crp
new expansion in a week? :shifty: :D :D :D :cross:
No, something else relevant.

New expansion coming soon, though.

-crp

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i think it would be actually healthy for the game to see more invasive beam ins. then people would prepare for it and not just roll over to the random battle that shows up once a year.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Battle/interaction is balanced if it happens in a average amount.

Cards that prevent battle completly (like strategma) and cards that allow to slotter all are unbalanced.

When the game environment encourages *some* interaction/Battle player are motivated to do that, when it becomes the best way to play.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Mr.Sloan wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:21 am Battle/interaction is balanced if it happens in a average amount.

Cards that prevent battle completly (like strategma) and cards that allow to slotter all are unbalanced.

When the game environment encourages *some* interaction/Battle player are motivated to do that, when it becomes the best way to play.
*Looks at Vulcan Control Deck from Manassters 2019*

*Looks at IDIC: Power of the High Command errata*

*sighs*

Nope... I apparently still can't let this one go....

:?
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:07 pm
Mr.Sloan wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:21 am Battle/interaction is balanced if it happens in a average amount.

*Looks at Vulcan Control Deck from Manassters 2019*

*Looks at IDIC: Power of the High Command errata*

*sighs*

Nope... I apparently still can't let this one go....

:?

I love you man, and I agree that that particular errata went further than it needed to, but sometimes you've got to release your pain.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:18 am Isn't Project Storm basically block 3 of this model?

I'm not asking for anything, I'm just getting it out of my head and hopefully starting some discussions. Anyways, I now have project storm to look forward too, thanks for the heads up. :cheersL:

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Mr.Sloan wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:21 am When the game environment encourages *some* interaction/Battle player are motivated to do that, when it becomes the best way to play.
is this a proper sentence? i dont get it. and what has it to do with vulcans?

i agree that its silly if battledecks are either onesided blowouts or sitting ducks though. at least it seems that way against some decks.

strategema could need an additional requirement like (opponent needs more personnel than security present to attack)
and beam in could be limited to 3 or 4 personnel.

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]