This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Except the need for 40 more points

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:03 am Except the need for 40 more points
except the need for homestead. who are u trying to fool with your replys here paddy?

cc took care of that by introducing The Big Picture as basic rule and then effectively removing it from the game completely. incredible consistent gameplay decisions. :?
which empowered soloquads even more. i see a pattern there
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Ensign Q wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:43 am
KazonPADD wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:03 am Except the need for 40 more points
except the need for homestead. who are u trying to fool with your replys here paddy?

cc took care of that by introducing The Big Picture as basic rule and then effectively removing it from the game completely. incredible consistent gameplay decisions. :?
which empowered soloquads even more. i see a pattern there
Think you mean You Are A Monument.

Homestead has it’s own drawbacks - the need for 3 missions!

Back when Delta was “too good”, before YAAM, 2 mission Delta wins were quite common. YAAM contained that, but restricted player choice. Players complained, and then Homestead came out and opened it back up again! It keeps 2 mission DQ wins to a minimum though (noting they can still be achieved, usually using Genesis Device to get to 140 though).

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Typically, jumping quadrants expends resources beyond RANGE.

Bajoran Wormhole: You need an extra seed slot for The First Stable Wormhole, plus SCIENCE and Nav to be unstopped, plus hope your opponent doesn't use Fire Sculptor to place Schematics out of play

Wormhole Mission II's: Planet only, low point missions, Long Range Scan is useful but not 100% necessary, unless you need to make multiple trips.

Quantum Slipstream: typically a card play, needs full RANGE.

Operate Wormhole Relays: Needs a small ship.

If you attempt at a single Quadrant mission, and you lose key Personnel, you'll need to expend the above resources once, even twice, to get what you need to that mission to solve

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
sexecutioner wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:57 am Typically, jumping quadrants expends resources beyond RANGE.

Bajoran Wormhole: You need an extra seed slot for The First Stable Wormhole, plus SCIENCE and Nav to be unstopped, plus hope your opponent doesn't use Fire Sculptor to place Schematics out of play

Wormhole Mission II's: Planet only, low point missions, Long Range Scan is useful but not 100% necessary, unless you need to make multiple trips.

Quantum Slipstream: typically a card play, needs full RANGE.

Operate Wormhole Relays: Needs a small ship.

If you attempt at a single Quadrant mission, and you lose key Personnel, you'll need to expend the above resources once, even twice, to get what you need to that mission to solve
I agree to all. Hope there will be a rule that allows crossing quadrants. idealy as bad or weaker then the current methodes, but a generic way to somewhat cross quadrants seems nessecary as interactive decks are useless if others are completly in DQ, GQ or MQ. or if you want to start there but others are in AQ. I am all about at least the POSSIBLITY of a bit of interaction, when both player simply choose their favorit quadrant (DQ for Voyager fans etc.)

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hit Delta Harder DILEMMAs
Chula: Crossroads is anti Gamma?
Most of the game has been trying to get people to leave the Alpha and Delta Quadrant. Carrots for leaving alpha, sticks for staying in delta.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Mr.Sloan wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:34 am
I agree to all. Hope there will be a rule that allows crossing quadrants. idealy as bad or weaker then the current methodes, but a generic way to somewhat cross quadrants seems nessecary as interactive decks are useless if others are completly in DQ, GQ or MQ. or if you want to start there but others are in AQ. I am all about at least the POSSIBLITY of a bit of interaction, when both player simply choose their favorit quadrant (DQ for Voyager fans etc.)
bajoran wormholes are already pretty generic. just seed them. anything that makes it even more easy to jump quads, would break everything apart.
i always wondered why where no one doesnt allow to move to other spacelines though.
Last edited by Ensign Q on Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
sexecutioner wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:57 am Typically, jumping quadrants expends resources beyond RANGE.
whats the point of this answer? that its difficult to reach soloquad players and even further strenghtens their position?

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
As someone who has played completely out of the AQ,

[1] Need an extra 40 to win
[2] Radioactive Garbage Scows SUUUUUUUCK (especially against unprepared [SF]. Had to deal with 4 of them on 6 missions before.
[3] Stuff like The Nexus and self-controlling vessels seem to hurt more.

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
My :twocents: is that the best way to encourage interactions between players when one player is playing [1E-DQ] is a new version of the Wormhole Terminus location that allows players to download Barzan Wormhole.

Best mechanism for this would be a Wormhole Negotiations II. Just reduce it's value to 30-35 points and make it "any crew can attempt this mission" with a download ability like Historical Research that lets players grab the wormhole.

Unlike all other interquadrant travel to [1E-DQ] , this stable wormhole opens up travel to both players. [1E-DQ] would be more like [1E-GQ] and [MQ]. We might also see some [1E-GQ] decks that try to save a seed card by going this route instead. (Currently, you have to use DS9 or Noah's Mountain retreat and The Emissary to save that slot).

The honest reason I wouldn't use Barzan Wormhole in a [NA] or [Fed] [1E-DQ] in an OTF deck is that it requires me to use a 45 point mission that -- especially thanks to the proliferation of Treachery x 2 personnel since it was issued -- is incredibly easy for my opponent to go solve before I can. Given how easy it is -- notably about as easy as Secret Salvage which is also a Mission II, and can also be solved with Treachery x 4 -- a reduction in point value for the commonly used version of the mission also seems pretty fair.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
You do need 40 more points to win if you don't solve in Alpha. The only reason You Are a Monument is banned is because its effect became an OTF game rule.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
stressedoutatumc wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:49 am As someone who has played completely out of the AQ,

[1] Need an extra 40 to win
[2] Radioactive Garbage Scows SUUUUUUUCK (especially against unprepared [SF]. Had to deal with 4 of them on 6 missions before.
[3] Stuff like The Nexus and self-controlling vessels seem to hurt more.
1. seed homestead
2. how do you face 4 scows in otf?
3. sc stuff leaves the spaceline in like 2 turns
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:51 am 2. how do you face 4 scows in otf?
Two copies of Radioactive Garbage Scow, two copies of Female's Love Interest & Garbage Scow, I presume?
Deck Design Strategy

I agree with @stressedoutatumc . The way I like[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]

The deck qualifies, but the tournament currently[…]

Yes your 5-three cost and 1-five cost were r[…]