This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Should the Friday question come back?

Yes, every week!
33%
Yes, but less regularly is fine!
60%
No, it was spam!
No votes
0%
The what now?
7%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Things got a little crazy for me in the back third of 2020, and I stopped doing the Friday questions. Did you notice? Did you care? Should I bring them back?

Let me know!

-crp
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
1efqs were the thing I missed most when you became unavailable. Usually caused some good discussions.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I noticed and I cared. If you can bring them back I'm on board!
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
I’d prefer they either get skipped if too busy, or other members of the team sub for you occasionally

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I noticed. I liked answering some, and left others if I had nothing to say on them. Debates were interesting.
What I missed (might've just been me, though) was feedback on what you found in the answers / data you collected. Did you collate(?) it and turn it into a resource? Will I recognize things when I get around to reading The Plan?

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
remember that little Bajoran Girl telling Sisko "You have to bring them (The Prophets) back!"

We are all that little girl.
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Perhaps we need somewhere for folks to submit questions, so Charlie doesn't have to think up a new idea every week?

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i went for "yes but less frequent is fine".

It was okay with it and it is okay without it, but for purpose of communication, i´d say once per month would be great.
AllenGould wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:21 pm Perhaps we need somewhere for folks to submit questions, so Charlie doesn't have to think up a new idea every week?
And for questions, whats most important to me for the game is the question:
  • will there be a a generic way to cross quadrants for all decks in OTF?
and if yes any ideas so far?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I'd take quality over quantity.

If that means it happens biweekly or monthly, but Charlie doesn't get burned out, that's probably better than weekly scramble mode, contrived questions, and a burnt out Charlie.

:twocents:

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Mr.Sloan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:34 am i went for "yes but less frequent is fine".

It was okay with it and it is okay without it, but for purpose of communication, i´d say once per month would be great.
AllenGould wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:21 pm Perhaps we need somewhere for folks to submit questions, so Charlie doesn't have to think up a new idea every week?
And for questions, whats most important to me for the game is the question:
  • will there be a a generic way to cross quadrants for all decks in OTF?
and if yes any ideas so far?
quads should reruled into regions. maybe with a "stop" rule if you pass a border.
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:52 pm quads should reruled into regions. maybe with a "stop" rule if you pass a border.
No, they shouldn't. It's important that 1E respect the borders between quadrants established by the show.

1E has made them pretty permeable compared to the show -- Barzan Wormhole, Wormhole missions, Operate Wormhole Relays, Quantum Slipstream Drive, all sorts of stuff Voyager would have killed for. Heck, The First Stable Wormhole makes movement between three of the four quadrants very simple for all factions, and if your interactive deck can't make good use of TFSW then I blame the structure of your interactive deck.

But just merging everything into one spaceline (or making cross-quadrant travel trivial) would really ruin the whole feeling of real barriers in a vast galaxy, and it would gut the idea of strategically crucial permanent wormholes.

I would not be opposed to making an easier-to-use version of Operate Wormhole Relays, though -- or a "discard a card from hand to not be stopped by Barzan Wormhole" card a la First Stable Wormhole. Operate Wormhole Relays always ends up more rigid in practice than I expect, and I end up unhappily cutting it.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
As a 1E player, I always thought a subtitle of Voyager should be "Janeway is a terrible deck designer" ;)

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:13 pm
Ensign Q wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:52 pm quads should reruled into regions. maybe with a "stop" rule if you pass a border.
No, they shouldn't. It's important that 1E respect the borders between quadrants established by the show.

1E has made them pretty permeable compared to the show -- Barzan Wormhole, Wormhole missions, Operate Wormhole Relays, Quantum Slipstream Drive, all sorts of stuff Voyager would have killed for. Heck, The First Stable Wormhole makes movement between three of the four quadrants very simple for all factions,
I indeed consider First Stable Wormhole to make 3 quadrants hoping easily enough. I just like to point out if neither player includes it, its solitary. maybe without neither of them wanting it to make it solitary, just because they like different shows GQ, AQ, MQ... also the 4th quadrant is missing.

In trek-sense: The wormholes, borg transwarp hubs etc. where THERE. So I'd love to see a way where they are is a permanent presence of them, in all games. Not making it too easy, just permanent possible, without one side needing to bring it with them (seed slot).
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
I have never found it terribly difficult to jump quadrants when needed. I didn't even realize that OWR got an errata. :)

But there *needs* to be some friction there, because otherwise Feds just get to slam in DQ Feds into their already excessively high skill sets.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]