This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which statement is a lie about Project Storm?

There is a new triple-affiliation personnel.
11%
There are no [Dom] affiliation Cardassian species personnel.
58%
There are no new facilities.
32%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hello!

Let's play a game called 2 Truths and a Lie. As you might be able to surmise from the name of the game, I'm going to give you three statements about Project Storm. Two of those statements will be the truth, and one will be a lie. Your job is to figure out which statement is the lie. If the community, as a whole, guesses correctly, I'll reward you. Sound fun? Okay, let's play!

- There is a new triple-affiliation personnel in Project Storm.
- There are no [Dom] affiliation Cardassian species personnel in Project Storm.
- There are no new facilities in Project Storm.

Which ones are true? Which one is the lie? Vote in the poll! And post your thoughts, guesses, and arguments below. If the majority of voters pick out the lie, I'll reward you with more information about Project Storm.

Have fun!

-crp

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ha! I first reads that as triple-treaty for some reason... once I realized my error voting became trickier.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
jrch5618 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:04 pm Wow - nobody likes the idea of [Dom] Cardassians. :neutral:
There's a bit of a double negative going on here. Most of the votes (at present) are that the statement about there being NO [Dom] Cardassians in the expansion is the lie. In other words, most of the voters anticipate that there WILL be at least one [Dom] Cardassian.
 -  
Prophet
GooeyChewie wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:23 pm
jrch5618 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:04 pm Wow - nobody likes the idea of [Dom] Cardassians. :neutral:
There's a bit of a double negative going on here. Most of the votes (at present) are that the statement about there being NO [Dom] Cardassians in the expansion is the lie. In other words, most of the voters anticipate that there WILL be at least one [Dom] Cardassian.
Yeah, that's a good point I hadn't considered. I'll try to be more careful about wording in future games.

But yes, you're voting for the lie. If the statement is "There are no [Dom] affiliation Cardassian species personnel," then if you think that's the lie, it means you think that there are some.

-crp
 -  
Prophet
You guys saw right through my lie this time! Here's the details:

There is a new triple-affiliation personnel in Project Storm.

This is true. In fact, he's the release promo for the expansion as well - you can take a look at him in this spoiler tag.

[Car] / [Baj] / [Fed] Odo {ST: DS9}
[Cmd] <Dom> [SECURITY]
Changeling who aided Damar's resistance. Frequent shape-shifting advanced the onset of the morphogenic virus. He posed as the Founder, Founder Leader.
[SD] Honor [SD] Law [SD] Computer Skill [SD] Diplomacy
[DL] You Dirty Rat (to hand). [DL] Strike Three (when attacked).
[INTEGRITY 8] [CUNNING 7] [STRENGTH 8]
286 VP
286VP.jpg
286VP.jpg (186.87 KiB) Viewed 608 times

There are no [Dom] affiliation Cardassian species personnel in Project Storm.

This was false. There are [Dom] Cardassian-species personnel in Project Storm, but maybe not as many as you think.

There are no new facilities in Project Storm.

This is true. But you won't miss them - there's plenty of cool stuff here.

Enjoy the early look at the release promo in the spoiler tag above. And stay tuned next week for another edition of 2 Truths and a Lie!

-crp
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]