This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 116 posts
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Distant Origin is doing pretty well, so I wouldn't worry we won't get that content at some point.

-crp
 -  
Prophet
Here are some more stats for you, not including the current poll:
  • One hundred and sixty-five (165) unique people voted.
  • Of those, fifty-four (54) have voted in all nine (9) polls.
  • And thirty (30) voted in a single round.
  • The median voter voted in six (6) of the polls.
And at least six (6) people had typos or misspellings in their email address. But none of them voted in a single poll, and it's pretty easy to figure out the real email address, so it won't cost anyone a prize.

-crp

PS: Can you tell I'm at work and working on something I need to be distracted from? :shifty:

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
How do you misspell your own email? The Googles will put it in for you if you type the first letter...
 -  
Prophet
Hello!

The voting is closed in the final poll for March Madness 2021. I'm absolutely floored by the incredible turnout and response to this year's event, and thankful for everyone's participation. I'll get started writing up the article announcing the winner and the lucky recipients of the borderless promos for publication on Wednesday.

In the mean time, I'll be posting some results of the bonus survey as part of this last poll. I'm curious to hear the take of everyone else here on the data.

-crp

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
One thing I was wondering, and I guess we'll have to trust the players/voters, but what if people used multiple email-addresses to vote?

Just trying to find excuses for any disappointment that might happen if Fast-spinning Planet doesn't win :D don't really understand why the Holoprogram got as far as it did :)
 -  
Prophet
WeyounsLastClone wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:32 pm One thing I was wondering, and I guess we'll have to trust the players/voters, but what if people used multiple email-addresses to vote?
I actually kept an eye on this. It was explicitly forbidden, so I'm not punishing anyone that did do it (I only saw three people try). But it's something to keep in mind for the future, especially if this keeps growing in popularity.
WeyounsLastClone wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:32 pmJust trying to find excuses for any disappointment that might happen if Fast-spinning Planet doesn't win :D don't really understand why the Holoprogram got as far as it did :)
There were only six (6) votes separating the winner and loser, so no matter which card ends up winning, a large number of people will be disappointed. But there's room for hope: there's a good chance even more of the cards in this bracket will be made. That's a big part of why I did the bonus survey, so I could see what cards there were a demand for outside the structure of the tournament.

-crp

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
WeyounsLastClone wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:32 pm One thing I was wondering, and I guess we'll have to trust the players/voters, but what if people used multiple email-addresses to vote?

Just trying to find excuses for any disappointment that might happen if Fast-spinning Planet doesn't win :D don't really understand why the Holoprogram got as far as it did :)
If you resort to cheating for something like this, you may get the card you want but you've already lost at life. And I say that as somebody who has lost to a cheater after telling them that to their face.*

I think the Holoprogram made it that far because it could easily be turned into a key seed card that incorporates Section 31 as a major [1E-DS9] [Fed] theme. So I see it more as a potential suite of related cards rather than as a single card.

*It was the Warhammer 40K: Conquest card game. The cheater went on to get caught on camera at GenCon. He only got to the GenCon tournament because he won our tournament in which he was the only one who beat me. I commented in our games (we faced each other both in swiss and after the cut) that he seemed to always have more cards in hand than I thought he was supposed to have. Yeah, turns out he was drawing extra every round.
 -  
Prophet
I just submitted the article announcing the winner of the tournament. You can expect that tomorrow (or tonight, if you stay up late enough.) But in the mean time, I thought I'd show you the results of the bonus survey. As I've said before, we had a really good response rate of almost 4/5ths of the voters; we had 94 voters and 74 agreed to take the bonus survey.

In the first section of the Bonus survey, I asked what the favorite card idea was from each of the original sets of sixteen. Here are the top five (5) from each of those polls:

Question #1: Favorite TNG Card Idea
1st Place: Soliton Wave from "New Ground"
2nd Place: Portable Piano from "Lessons"
3rd Place: Jason Vigo from "Bloodlines"
4th Place (Tie): Gatherer Raid from "The Vengeance Factor"
4th Place (Tie): Ssestar from "Lonely Among Us"

The only card to get absolutely no votes in this bracket was Gamma Hromi II from "The Vengeance Factor."

Question #2: Favorite DS9 Card Idea
1st Place: Holoprogram: Loyalty Test from "Inquisition"
2nd Place: Club Martus from "Rivals"
3rd Place: The Dreamer and the Dream from "Far Beyond the Stars"
4th Place: Old Man Jake from "The Visitor"
5th Place: Sloan in DS9 Uniform from "Inquisition"

Old Man Bashir from "The Visitor", Arrested in Irons from "Inquisition", and planet Meridian from "Meridian" were the cards that received no votes in this bracket.

Question #3: Favorite Voyager Idea
1st Place: Rain Robinson from "Future's End"
2nd Place: Fast Rotating Planet from "Blink of an Eye"
3rd Place: Freya from "Heroes and Demons"
4th Place: Holoprogram: Forest of Forever
5th Place: Voth ship from "Distant Origin"

In this bracket, there were five (5) cards with no votes. From "Non Sequitur," both Admiral Strickler and Cosimo the Watcher were snubbed. Minister Odala from "Distant Origin" got no votes. Finally, both Quarren Labor Shortage and Dr. Kadan from "Workforce" got no love.

Question #4: Favorite Enterprise Idea
1st Place: Carbon Creek from "Carbon Creek"
2nd Place: T'Mir from "Carbon Creek"
3rd Place: Rajiin from "Rajiin"
4th Place: E.C.S. Horizon from "Horizon"
5th Place: Stuck Water Polo Ball from "Exile"

In this bracket, there were four cards to go voteless: Jamin and Nadet from "Terra Nova", Tarquin from "Exile", and Dakala from "Rogue Planet."

Overall, just looking at number of votes, the top 5 most popular cards were:
1st Place: Carbon Creek from Enterprise's "Carbon Creek"
2nd Place: Soliton Wave from TNG's "New Ground"
3rd Place (Tie): Holoprogram: Loyalty Test from DS9's Inquisition
3rd Place (Tie): Rain Robinson from Voyager's "Future's End"
5th Place (Tie): Club Martus from DS9's "Rivals"
5th Place (Tie): Fast Rotating Planet from Voyager's "Blink of an Eye"

The final question asked for which of the primary source episodes (those from which multiple card ideas were drawn) they would like to see as a future boutique product's inspiration. Voters could check any number of the options. Here are the top five (5) choices based on that vote:

1st Place: "The Visitor" from Deep Space Nine
2nd Place: "Carbon Creek" from Enterprise
3rd Place: "Inquisition" from Deep Space Nine
4th Place: "Distant Origin" from Voyager
5th Place: "The Vengeance Factor" from The Next Generation

After the top choices, there is a notable drop in vote count for the remainder:

6th Place: "Workforce" from Voyager
7th Place: "Non Sequitur" from Voyager
8th Place (Tie): "Final Mission" from The Next Generation
8th Place (Tie): "Lonely Among Us" from The Next Generation
8th Place (Tie): "Terra Nova" from Enterprise
12th Place: "Exile" from Enterprise

If I get the chance in the next few days, I'll come back and give you my analysis of these results and how they compare to the original bracket. In the mean time, I'm very eager to hear your thoughts. And, most of all, I want to thank all of you for voting, discussing, and participating in March Madness 2021. One thing is clear: we'll be back next year.

-crp
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
1E Borderless cards prizes went out today. Be on the lookout if you were selected!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]