This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 116 posts
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
BCSWowbagger wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:30 pm
MidnightLich wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:24 pm [*]I am very happy about one matchup's result in this round, but sad about the matchup that card has in the next.
Guessing Freya and Rain Robinson both won their matches, then? :)
You guessed correctly. I must resist the urge to be Chaotic and/or Evil and manipulate people into voting for Freya. Don't get me wrong: I love Sarah Silverman, I just really want Space Vikings. ;)

-crp
 -  
Prophet
Tonight at the tick, you'll see the poll for the Sweet 16 open up. But ahead of that, let's take a look at the results from the Round of 32:

The Next Generation Bracket
  • Ssestar (1) held on to win against Fountain Sentry (8) in a close game, winning 52-47.
  • Gamma Hromi II (12) stunned Jason Vigo (4) with a 52-47 upset.
  • Chorgan (3) dominated Chorgan's ship (6) in a 65-35 route proving he doesn't need a ride.
  • Soliton Wave (10) shocked the world, knocking off the favorite, Badar N'D'D (2), 59-40.
Deep Space Nine Bracket
  • Old Man Jake (1) overcame an early deficit versus Lt. Chandler (9) to advance, 63-36.
  • Holoprogram: Loyalty Test (12) took out Old Man Bashir (4), 59-40, keeping him on the sidelines.
  • Old Lady Jadzia (3) held off a big rally from U.S.S. Honshu (11) to stay in, 52-47.
  • The Dreamer and the Dream (15) put an end to Club Martus' (15) Cinderella story, 53-46.
Voyager Bracket
  • Rain Robinson (1) utterly dominated U.S.S. Yellowstone (9) in a 73-22 rout.
  • Freya (13) overcame the odds to defeat Recruit Labor Force (12), 56-39.
  • In a massive upset, Holoprogram: Forest of Forever (14) eliminate Forra Gegen (6), 51-44.
  • Fast Rotating Planet (15) kept the speed up against Voth Ship (10), winning 56-39.
Enterprise Bracket
  • Carbon Creek (16) stays in it, soaring past Vulcan Survey Ship (9), 62-33.
  • Rajiin (5) upsets Nadet (4) in a decisive 67-28 victory.
  • Terra Nova (11) scores the biggest margin of victory in its upset of Jamin (3), 78-17.
  • T'Mir (2) keeps E.C.S. Horizon (7) at bay with her 50-45 win.
What's the biggest surprise? What's the biggest disappointment? Sound off!

-crp

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Dreamer and the dream over Club Martus will be this year's biggest mistake.

Jason Vigo was always a massive oversee and got what he deserved. #revengeforthe nebula
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Hoss-Drone wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:37 am Dreamer and the dream over Club Martus will be this year's biggest mistake.
Paging the 1E designers, paging the 1E designers. You are needed at the white courtesy phone.

Give Nors some love through new and interesting sites. Even for players that do not seed Nors (e.g. those that might want to commandeer them instead) extra options over Ops + Security Holding Cell x5 would be most welcome. I have personally seeded Schoolroom in every version of my Romulan deck, and would for sure seed Club Martus too from now on because I like FUN. Why don't you like FUN?!?

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I like fun =)

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
MidnightLich wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:30 pm You guessed correctly. I must resist the urge to be Chaotic and/or Evil and manipulate people into voting for Freya. Don't get me wrong: I love Sarah Silverman, I just really want Space Vikings. ;)

-crp
I don't love Sarah Silverman (her voice has always grated on my ears) and will be voting for Freya.
 -  
Prophet
LORE wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:49 am
Hoss-Drone wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:37 am Dreamer and the dream over Club Martus will be this year's biggest mistake.
Paging the 1E designers, paging the 1E designers. You are needed at the white courtesy phone.
Club Martus might be one of the cards I had a design for before this thing even started. :)

-crp

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fast Rotating Planet (15) kept the speed up against Voth Ship (10), winning 56-39.

that's a jaw dropper to me the way i see the Voth discussed around here.
 -  
Prophet
MidnightLich wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:19 am Tonight at the tick, you'll see the poll for the Sweet 16 open up.
I said this in my post with the results. "At the tick" means during the night site upgrade. I believe that's at midnight EST.

-crp

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:41 pm
MidnightLich wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:19 am Tonight at the tick, you'll see the poll for the Sweet 16 open up.
I said this in my post with the results. "At the tick" means during the night site upgrade. I believe that's at midnight EST.

-crp
i see. at the tick is not a term im familiar with. thats another 5hrs, so 6am my time, ugh
 -  
Prophet
With voting still open until Monday morning, we currently are looking at five (5) matches that would end in an upset if we closed polls today. We've had one hundred (100) participants - can we beat our first round record of 122?

Go vote if you haven't!
Spread the word and get your friends to vote!

-crp
 -  
Prophet
Voting is now closed, and we will know our Elite 8 tomorrow. We ended up with a total of one hundred and six (106) votes. I can give you one clue: at least one #1 seed has been eliminated.

-crp
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
MidnightLich wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:24 pm Voting is now closed, and we will know our Elite 8 tomorrow. We ended up with a total of one hundred and six (106) votes. I can give you one clue: at least one #1 seed has been eliminated.

-crp
Much like in the NCAA March Madness. 😭*

*Note for those not into sportball: I’m an alumna of the University of Illinois, whose basketball team was ranked #1 in the NCAA tournament this year. They were eliminated by the #8 seed Loyola University Chicago this past Sunday. Sadness.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]