This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 116 posts
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
1. The card I wanted to win the tournament -- Water Polo -- lost. So that's a blow.

2. My top pick in another bracket (Paralyzing Energy) lost, but I knew Chorgan would pull it out, so okay.

3. The other cards in my top 6 are all still in it!

4. I underestimated the community's love of personnel cards. Lots of neat verbs and dilemmas get crunched under some variation on "bumpy-foreheaded four-skill unique."

5. My jaw dropped that T'Mir's Purse lost -- and didn't just lose, but lost to Nadet, an incredibly lame character from an incredibly lame episode of ENT. (And I say this as a huge ENT fan!)

6. Seriously, what's with 3/4ths of the "Terra Prime" cards surviving? (And the only one we knocked out was the best one?) Y'all seen that episode lately? Exile is a lot better. Whatever, I'm just glad you all have positive feelings about ENT.

7. Good job remembering A-VANS, kids! Always Vote Against "Non Sequitur"! We've almost finished the job!

8. I'm happy for Lucas that all Gatherers who could win did win. Don't want a Gatherer to win the tournament.

9. Some sweet verbs did win, and I look forwarding to trying to shepherd them past Old Man Jake / Jadzia / Bashir in coming rounds.
 -  
Community Contributor
Bracket updated, dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fgochcym231op ... .xlsx?dl=0

There's going to be a couple of savage games in this round:

Voth City Ship (10) vs. Blink Planet (15) is an impossible choice. These are both exceptional concepts that regrettably have to face off early in the tournament.

The Dreamer and the Dream (10) vs. Club Martus (15) is, too. Even worse, in fact.

You may not see games better than this, even in the Final Four. The action is now! Make your arguments -- and place your bets!
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
More timelocations/sites/holoprograms is my main voting parigdim

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
VOTH SHIP VS BLINK PLANET???

WHY???

I settled for Blink Planet, as a lot of interesting concepts can be spawned from it.

I still love space dinosaurs though xxx
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
pfti wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:20 am More timelocations/sites/holoprograms is my main voting parigdim
100% this. The "old" team wins the nostalgia feels, but MF'ing Club Martus and Forest of Forever would make for some really cool cards. :twocents:
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
The one I'm saddest to have lost is T'Mir's purse; that would have made a great Artifact.

My girl Freya is still in it, and I am not yet overcome with grief. I hope this continues. Her winning would make me indescribably happy, though I am prepared for disappointment.

I had at least a rough idea of the card type/card concept for each of these when we started. I suspect, as we go further, I'll end up with full card ideas (in my brain) for the remaining cards. It might be this time, it might not be until the final four. But I'll inevitably make 3-31 card designs that won't see the light of day. And I don't mind even a little.

-crp

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
LORE wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:53 am
pfti wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:20 am More timelocations/sites/holoprograms is my main voting parigdim
100% this. The "old" team wins the nostalgia feels, but MF'ing Club Martus and Forest of Forever would make for some really cool cards. :twocents:
Gimme a deck with 20 Alien Gambling Devices!
 -  
Community Contributor
stressedoutatumc wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:28 am We can do it, everyone. We can get 3 "old man" cards in the next round.
EUTHANIZE THEM ALL.
 -  
Prophet
We had an average of ninety-seven (97) responses across the two polls, so a dip from last week, but still a remarkable increase from years past. And a quick glance at the results shows some remarkably close games. I'll post the results later today or tomorrow morning.

And stay tuned for the Sweet 16 beginning on Wednesday!

-crp
 -  
Prophet
Some quick facts:
  • There were nine (9) upsets out of sixteen (16) games.
  • Five (5) more of the original twelve (12) multi-entry episodes have been eliminated.
  • I am very happy about one matchup's result in this round, but sad about the matchup that card has in the next.
-crp
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:24 pm [*]I am very happy about one matchup's result in this round, but sad about the matchup that card has in the next.
Guessing Freya and Rain Robinson both won their matches, then? :)
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
BCSWowbagger wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:03 pm EUTHANIZE THEM ALL.
Fingers crossed! I finally watched this episode this weekend and I don't "get it." The episode itself was weak, and watching Kurn Old Jake cry was kinda disturbing. Well acted by Sisko and Kurn Old Jake, but otherwise a solid B- episode imho.

Kill them. All of them. :twocents:
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]