This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 116 posts
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
The Final 4 voting is now closed. We had eighty-seven votes (87), which is the low of this year's competition - but still double what we had last year. And tomorrow, you'll find out which two cards will face off in the championship.

What do you think the final match up will be?

Soliton Wave vs. Fast Rotating Planet?
Soliton Wave vs. Carbon Creek?
Holoprogram: Loyalty Test vs. Fast Rotating Planet?
Holoprogram: Loyalty Test vs. Carbon Creek?

And in one more week, we'll crown the 2021 March Madness champion!

-crp
 -  
Prophet
Hi folks,

Yesterday was a rough day for me, and I completely forgot to post the results or write the article with the new poll. I've gone ahead and done that now, so I'm happy to say voting is open for the finale.

It's Holoprogram: Loyalty Test from DS9's "Inquisition" vs the Fast Rotating Planet from Voyager's "Blink of an Eye." Your votes not only enter you in the contest to win a borderless promo, but will decide which of these two cards enter design.

Have at it folks! One last time, go cast your votes!

-crp

PS: I included an option for some extra questions to help plan the future a little. I'd appreciate it if you'd take a few extra minutes to answer those, if you can.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Alright, one more time Spinny planet.

"Check your pickups, watch for your two on ones and what's our team motto? Aim low."

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I have spoken.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:27 pm I have spoken.
This is the way.
 -  
Prophet
Around dinner time last night, I checked the results, and Card A was trouncing Card B with about 75% of the vote. Today, I just checked again and we're up to just over sixty (60) total votes and Card B has closed the gap to less than a 10% difference. At our peak, we had one hundred and sixteen (116) votes, which means there is more than enough votes out there to have this race go either way.

Stay tuned for more updates.

-crp

PS: The bonus survey data is fascinating, with over 85% of voters choosing to participate. I can't wait to do an analysis on the final results.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
I will slap anyone who doesn't vote spinny planet!

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I have avoided the slap! I voted spinny planet!

I think with these two, we're a winner either way. I just think we're more winner with the planet.
 -  
Prophet
Friday update: we're at seventy-seven (77) total votes, and the difference between the two cards is just seven (7) votes. Card A has retained the lead, though Card B did briefly close the gap to just three (3) votes behind. Again, there are a potential thirty-nine (39) votes out there, based on previous max participation, so there's a lot of room to maneuver.

Of the 77 voters, 64 agreed to take the extra survey. The vast majority, 90.8%, want next year's tournament to be the same or similar. Suggestions so far include having TOS and Enterprise participate - perhaps combining into one bracket with seven seasons total, limiting episodes to a maximum of two cards, and allowing the community to submit card ideas.

TNG and Enterprise have clear favorite card ideas, with 37.5% and 36.5% backing respectively. Voyager and DS9 are far more spread out. And the top request for a boutique based on an episode, for now, is "The Visitor," with 43.1% of responses voting for it.

There's still plenty of time to vote, so what's stopping you? And if you've already voted, go spread the word to your friends and fellow players that haven't!

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:04 am And the top request for a boutique based on an episode, for now, is "The Visitor," with 43.1% of responses voting for it.
Ugh. Really?

Because what this game really needs is more blue cards and Fed-centric storylines...

:roll:
 -  
Prophet
I mean, I get that criticism. I do. But the reality is that four of the five series we regularly work from feature a Federation main crew, main ship, and main characters. It's inescapable.

That doesn't mean that a) we can't do non-Fed content, b) we should up the volume of non-Fed content, and c) Fed content has to be "the best." But it does mean we can't avoid making Fed content.

-crp

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The visitor could give us an [1E-AU] [Kli] DS9, a [Fed] [Baj] Korena, Jake's wife. A new future time location, and some interesting dilemmas. Sure, an Old DS9 crew to match Captain Nog and a Retired Defiant. The direction would be on the goal and the creators.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
#VothLivesMatter
#SpaceDinosaurs*

"Old DS9" could be cool, and I have nothing against it, but it's not my first pic.

*bonus points if you watched Dinosaucers as a child.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah, surprised as I don't think the 'Old' crew did too well. But I guess they might be suited for a boutique set.

I would love to see Distant Origin to get some love.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]