This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which statement is a lie about Dogs of War?

There is a new Elim Garak.
31%
There is a new Kasidy Yates.
46%
There is a new Rom.
23%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hello!

Let's play a game called 2 Truths and a Lie. As you might be able to surmise from the name of the game, I'm going to give you three statements about Dogs of War (formerly known as Project Storm. Two of those statements will be the truth, and one will be a lie. Your job is to figure out which statement is the lie. If the community, as a whole, guesses correctly, I'll reward you. Sound fun? Okay, let's play!

- There is a new Elim Garak in Dogs of War.
- There is a new Kasidy Yates in Dogs of War.
- There is a new Rom in Dogs of War.

Which ones are true? Which one is the lie? Vote in the poll! And post your thoughts, guesses, and arguments below. If the majority of voters pick out the lie, I'll reward you with more information about Dogs of War.

Have fun!

-crp

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I'll say there's no new Garak, since there's not really any facet of Garak's personality left as uncovered as there are in the other two cases.

For Kasidy, she could really use a Kasidy Sisko persona that's either Fed or Fed/Baj, and Rom
became the Grand Nagus
, so that needs a card.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Going with no new kassidy. I would like to see a pregnant wife kassidy but I highly doubt it against a grand nagus rom and infiltrator team Elim Garak.
 -  
Prophet
Voting on this stays open until tomorrow. Right now, Kasidy is the personnel with the most votes - meaning seven (7) of you think I lied and there is not a new Kasidy in Dogs of War. Will that hold? What do you think?

Vote, post, and come back tomorrow to find out!

-crp

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'd say, given the arc of the last episodes, there has to be a new Elim that is much less treacherous and much more integral. He essentially becomes the leader of the New Cardassia after Damar goes downa nd Mila is killed.

I've said this before, but I think it would be really neat to have 2-sided personnel that flip after a world event. Like for Elim, it would flip when For Cardassia! is played, Mila is killed, or if Cardassia Prime is attacked in any way. Seriously, how cool would a card like that be.
 -  
Prophet
You guys are two for two! You correctly figured out that while there is both a new Elim Garak and a new Rom, there is not a new Kasidy Yates in Dogs of War. And your reward is a text preview of the new Rom:

[Fer] Grand Nagus Rom {ST: DS9}
[Cmd] [V.I.P.]
Former waiter Rom married Leeta in 2373. He was selected by Grand Nagus Zek as a kinder, gentler, more benevolent Nagus to succeed him.
[SD] Diplomacy [SD] Honor x2 [SD] ENGINEER [SD] Physics
[SD] Your other Ferengi present are each INTEGRITY +2.

[INTEGRITY 9] [CUNNING 8] [STRENGTH 3]

Are you enjoying these 2 Truths and a Lie games? Would you like to play more? Or play different games? Let us know! And enjoy the spoiler.

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Glad to see the Ferengi get some love, but I'm honestly trying to see what deck I would play this Rom in.

Aside from maybe a makeout partner with Leeta at the Cafe, where's the utility?

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:24 pm Glad to see the Ferengi get some love, but I'm honestly trying to see what deck I would play this Rom in.

Here are some ideas around what makes this Rom good:
1. He's a V.I.P. so you can get him with 1st Rule of Acquisition
2. He's a waiter and has the DS9 Property Logo so he can mix with your people using Community Leader (works great in a Diplomatic Conference deck)
3. He's a waiter / any Rom and can report for free to Quark's Bar
4. He's a Nagus and can bypass Executive Authorization
5. He's a V.I.P. and can sit in Guest Quarters to get the draw related ability fo Guest Quarters

- James M

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Orbin wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:04 pm
Armus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:24 pm Glad to see the Ferengi get some love, but I'm honestly trying to see what deck I would play this Rom in.

2. He's a waiter and has the DS9 Property Logo so he can mix with your people using Community Leader (works great in a Diplomatic Conference deck)
5. He's a V.I.P. and can sit in Guest Quarters to get the draw related ability fo Guest Quarters

- James M
Uh huh. And why would I do any of that when I can play OG Rom for free and use my 1st Rule download on Gint to get a [DL] [Rule] card or Zek to get his [DL] stuff?

He may be a nice addition to a DS9 deck, but if the goal is to make [1E-DS9] [1E-Fer] - or hell, any non- [1E-TNG] [Fer] remotely competitive... let's just say I'm not seeing much here to help with that.

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:09 pm

- James M
Uh huh. And why would I do any of that when I can play OG Rom for free and use my 1st Rule download on Gint to get a [DL] [Rule] card or Zek to get his [DL] stuff?

He may be a nice addition to a DS9 deck, but if the goal is to make [1E-DS9] [1E-Fer] - or hell, any non- [1E-TNG] [Fer] remotely competitive... let's just say I'm not seeing much here to help with that.
Not sure if the design goal was to make [Fer] better, but I do think he makes Community Leader non- [Fer] decks better!

- James M

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:09 pm

- James M

Ferengi, especially in general sense as opposed to a DS9 [1E-Fer] subfaction, are pretty low on Integrity. Grand Nagus Rom does offer up a way to boost that and it's one of the hardest attributes to boost. Kind of minor but there is that.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Entertaining Display + Ferengi Infestation + Enemies of the state

Grab Leeta (who grabs Kukalaka) and Sarin. If they stop great. Then next turn when they hit FI you can grab this rom + emissary Quark + battle minded ferengi. Then enemies of the state doesnt need to d/l anyone should the opponent actually break through ED on the first attempt.

That should hold off anyone but borg from this mission for the requisite 3 turns.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:36 pm Entertaining Display + Ferengi Infestation + Enemies of the state

Grab Leeta (who grabs Kukalaka) and Sarin. If they stop great. Then next turn when they hit FI you can grab this rom + emissary Quark + battle minded ferengi. Then enemies of the state doesnt need to d/l anyone should the opponent actually break through ED on the first attempt.

That should hold off anyone but borg from this mission for the requisite 3 turns.
How are you guaranteeing a facility at this mission for a landing spot for your downloads?

Also, even if you have a facility there, how are you getting Q+R present with L+S in the context of an opponent's mission attempt?

Am I missing something?

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

An unlimited deck size might be one, from the orig[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]