This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which statement is a lie about headquarters Dogs of War?

There is a new Headquarters facility.
71%
There is a dilemma that damages Headquarters
24%
There is a new HQ: card.
5%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hello!

Let's play a game called 2 Truths and a Lie. As you might be able to surmise from the name of the game, I'm going to give you three statements about Dogs of War (formerly known as Project Storm. Two of those statements will be the truth, and one will be a lie. Your job is to figure out which statement is the lie. If the community, as a whole, guesses correctly, I'll reward you. Sound fun? Okay, let's play!

Today's statements are all about headquarters:

- There is a new Headquarters facility in Dogs of War.
- There is a dilemma that damages Headquarters in Dogs of War.
- There is a new HQ: card in Dogs of War.

Which ones are true? Which one is the lie? Vote in the poll! And post your thoughts, guesses, and arguments below. If the majority of voters pick out the lie, I'll reward you with more information about Dogs of War.

I'll let this one run through the weekend, so get out there and spread the word.

Have fun!

-crp

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
So I can see a new HQ, something like Derna (or whatever Bajoran Moon), maybe a site that serves as a Klingon or Romulan HQ on DS9, or a Dominion HQ on Cardassia. That all seems to fit the last episodes.

I can also see a new HQ: card that enhances or modifies what can report there.

A dilemma that damages HQ? Just...why? Maybe I'm just missing the utility or the place in the lore. That's the one I think is shenanigans.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
i think you gave up the ghost on this one earlier didnt you Charlie? Something about no new facilities in this set? or was it just outposts?

Either way i dont see a new HQ but the other two seem very easily included. Maybe the Axis powers HQ on cardassia but that feels like a bit of a stretch when the same gametext could just be put on the HQ: x card to make Central Command do more stuff.
 -  
Prophet
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:24 pm i think you gave up the ghost on this one earlier didnt you Charlie? Something about no new facilities in this set? or was it just outposts?
You're right, I totally did. Good call Kevin.

Well, I guess this one is a freebie! My bad!

I edited the poll to end early (tomorrow morning), and which point I'll post another one.

-crp
 -  
Prophet
For the record, you guys had this right anyway: there is no new Headquarters facility in Dogs of War. But that doesn't mean there isn't a way to have a similar effect. Take a look at this spoiler:

[Inc] DOMINION COMMAND
Seeds on Cardassia Prime if you have not seeded any [1E-GQ] missions; you may download Central Command here. Your compatible Vorta, Founders, and Thots that are native to the Alpha Quadrant may use Central Command as if Cardassian Guls. Once per game, in place of a card draw, you may download one ❖ [Dom] ship native to the Alpha Quadrant here.
Enjoy the spoiler! And I hope you will join me in giggling every time the word "Thot" appears on a card.

-crp
Last edited by MidnightLich on Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I was just thinking while reading that that the idea that Breen officers are "Thots" aged very poorly.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Not just one. We tried a bunch of versions really. =)
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Smiley wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:23 pmWrong fandom.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.

:shifty:
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]