This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hello!

Welcome to the official thread for questions for the designers of Dogs of War, and where they will give your answers. Please post your questions as replies to this thread, and the design team will come by and edit their answers into your original posts. Please keep the questions focused on Dogs of War, which will be releasing on Friday, March 26th.

Have fun!

-crp

Paddy (KazonPADD)
Stoffe (Smiley)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
How many cards in this set have a property logo that is not the DS9 logo?

Zero, although there is one card that could have been argued warranted a movie logo...

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
How many iterations for the FB spoiler?

Hard to say! Originally it was part of another card, but was offloaded to streamline the text of what we were trying to do. Ultimately the first iteration of “Treaty: Alpha Quadrant Alliance” as a solo card was very close to what became the final version.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Which card will most definitely appear in a Niall deck?
23V will definitely feature in a Niall deck. Or anyone else who likes starting fights where you can’t normally do so!
But I do expect you to take a sadistic joy in using 16V to score points!

Which card went though the most extreme revisions?
10V. It was still being revised this week, including changes to gametext, title, card type, and Art! The core concept wasn’t being changed from testing but boy there were some arguments over this one!

By harry696
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I notice that there are two cards numbered 31* V with different colored affiliations. Although they have different filenames, was another way of assigning different card numbers ever looked into, envisioned?

Zoom in! Bajoran Odo is 31*V. Federation Odo is31+V

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Though it has it's own restrictions were there any concerns or headaches around Combined Task Force stacking with the new toys?
No, but if you wait until Monday you'll find out why!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Build off:

Is there anything in this set that will make Combined task force more playable? Was even trying to make it playable an effort that was even made? Why or why not?
So our focus was the end of the war, and Combined Task Force is the beginning of the war. There are cards which can also be used in CTF decks, but that wasn't our primary aim. More DS9 cards will be coming in future to help CTF though. We did add a broken link (sorry) which could potentially stack with CTF...

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
What is your name?! (favorite card title?)
11V Makes me think of Life of Brian, and 16V is also fun! But 53V is based on an obscure alternative name from TNG that helped solve a naming conundrum!
There are just so many of them! But If I had to choose just one I think I like 4V the most.
What is your quest?! (favorite mission?)
19V, just for the orbiting ships...
20V just because it was lost for a while and then came back.
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?! (favorite ship?)
51V I'd need Johnny to confirm, but pretty certain that comes from the What We Left Behind HD Remaster...
My favourite didn't make it unfortunately =( But if I have to choose one of the ones that did, I'd go with V50 because of the shape.

By harry696
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Image[/img]
harry696 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:02 am I notice that there are two cards numbered 31* V with different colored affiliations. Although they have different filenames, was another way of assigning different card numbers ever looked into, envisioned?

Zoom in! Bajoran Odo is 31*V. Federation Odo is31+V
Then the database page for Federation Odo needs to be corrected as it lists the number as 31*V not 31+V

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Any generally useful cards that will go into a lot of [1E-DS9] decks, regardless of affiliation? [e.g. like how we got Primary Turbolift in The Neutral Zone]
Outside of the dilemmas, 8V is pretty versatile and could be used in many different affiliated decks!
And maybe V41?

And on a related note, any cool [NA] personnel or ships to watch for?
Yes, I think so!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Iron Prime wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:39 am Though it has it's own restrictions were there any concerns or headaches around Combined Task Force stacking with the new toys?
No, but if you wait until Monday you'll find out why!
Oh you evil tease!
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:08 am Build off:

Is there anything in this set that will make Combined task force more playable? Was even trying to make it playable an effort that was even made? Why or why not?
So our focus was the end of the war, and Combined Task Force is the beginning of the war. There are cards which can also be used in CTF decks, but that wasn't our primary aim. More DS9 cards will be coming in future to help CTF though. We did add a broken link (sorry) which could potentially stack with CTF...
I wont' speak for Mr Hoss, but I can accept this answer. I'm happy to know that more CTF love is in the pipe...

Any hints/teases about that broken link?
4578+128

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1. I love the cards so far.
Cheers!
2. Question: Will the dominion still be able to beam through anyone shields unlimitedly often?
There will be drawbacks to doing so!
3. Will there be points for killing jemmis (or Federation Alliance ships)?
Not specifically, although the set as a whole encourages more interaction and battle, which should result in Jemmies dying as a consequence!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:00 am Is Odo "Posed as" Founder Leader Female?

Intention is that he is male ("He" in lore), but I'll defer to Rules on how infiltrator status effects gender!
No, he is always male.

A card's characteristics can be determined only from information on that card, and Odo (The Dogs of War) mentions posing as Founder Leader, but not the fact that Founder Leader is female.

(The reason for this is the same reason you can't infer that Benjamin Sisko (Chain of Command) is a cook just because Benjamin Sisko (Emissary) is. We can't expect every player to independently know the gender of Founder Leader when Founder Leader may not even be in either player's deck.)

Wibbly-wobbly, glibbity-fluidity.

Enjoy the Q&A!

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a di[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]