This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:47 pm whats the lore behind Some Day I'll Retire Here being a dilemma requesting integrity?

also
did odo not progress his virus by changing forms?
From the card:
Frequent shape-shifting advanced the onset of the morphogenic virus.
And for my question:
What is your favorite story for a card?
Treaty: Alpha Quadrant Alliance, where the lore is the “public record” version of the truthfully darker tale of In The Pale Moonlight
V16 just hits it out of the park.

Did you have a card which had a surprising story or art come back or did you have a story attached to all the cards from the start?
Being Creative Manager, I’d already knew what stories we had in mind and what image notes would be sent to Art. One card that did surprise me was [Dom] Damar, with that [Dom] logo in the background, and I really liked that particular choice by the Art team!

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
isnt the opposite represented by his [DL]?

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:58 pm
isnt the opposite represented by his [DL]?
I took it to represent his frequent shifting that led to his advanced condition. So the [DL] comes "first" and the picture on the card shows the effects.

:twocents:

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
ok
Yes, thanks to Derek and Dan for contributing to the answer in their posts above! The new Odo card does represent the duality of the character, where his repeated use of shape-shifting is represented by his downloads, and the fact that it worsened his condition is represented by his lower STRENGTH (hopefully the lore captures both aspects).

What’s missing from this is the choice of image! Why pick sick Odo (from Tacking Into the Wind) vs healthy-looking Odo (from When it Rains)? Well actually we picked both! Odo is the release promo for the set! The Promo will be a healthy-looking Odo!

whats the lore behind Some Day I'll Retire Here being a dilemma requesting integrity?
Charlie has often talked about “Top down” / “Bottom up” design where some cards are driven by the story (most cards in the set were done this way) as opposed to driven by game need, where the gametext comes first and story is added later (these are the harder type of cards for Creative to fit a story to afterwards). Two particular cards in this set Some Day I’ll Retire Here and also 2V were designed this way. A growing Cardassia region and the recent return of the Neutral Zone region inspired these two cards, to limit the power of region seeding, so we were seeking stories that were not only from the last 10 episodes of DS9 but also featured region based stories. Some Day I’ll Retire Here is about Sisko building a home and settling down to become a part of the local community (Kendra province) and seemed the best fit to the INTEGRITY requirement.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
How is it that the Rovaran has 9/9/9 stats?
Negh’Var is 9/10/9. Magellan is 9/9/8. Rovaran is Velal’s flagship, which has stats between those two other “flagships”. It’s higher than the average D’deridex, but feels appropriate for a Flagship.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
How many new broken links (other than Starbase 375) do you see in this set?
By my count, just the two. But I reckon we double up on an existing Broken link reference...
Humm, Now I have to do math again. *goes away to read and count* Ok, back, I think I got it to +3. But I'm pretty tired so I might have missed something.
How many are closing?
2 I think. We tried for a third, but failed! But I can see 3 we’re currently trying to close in Project Rogue
And, the prior answer has me thinking - is "Flagship" going to be a relevant trait? There's currently 12 ships with that trait counting Dogs of War cards.
Not yet. I make no promises for the future though!

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
When the set launches, who gets to scream "Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!"?
EVERYONE
And is the card mentioned earlier that has a DS9 logo but could have a movie logo some kind of reference to Chang screaming that?
Why would we be involved with these non [1E-DS9] property logos?

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
has armada become a problem in playtesting?
No, but clearly interaction in general was higher.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
And is the card mentioned earlier that has a DS9 logo but could have a movie logo some kind of reference to Chang screaming that?

I'm guessing a [Dom] Son'a. Maybe someone from Insurrection photoshopped into a DS9 setting.
See today’s Card of the Day! Alliance with the Son’a is based on a brief conversation between Damar and Weyoun! Now you can use your Son’a cards without breaking Reshape the Quadrant in a [Dom] deck and not have to worry about managing your Ketracel White.

So I don't get sent to a corner, I'm curious why Son of Mogh spoiled on Twitter is [NA] ?
So normally Worf would be [Fed] / [Kli] but he had removed his com badge so he could fight Gowron unimpeeded by Starfleet rules. He wasn’t fully [Kli] affiliated at the time, so the [NA] felt appropriate.
Feds usually gets all the cool toys so when we find ways to give other affiliations a new thing we are more than happy to oblige.

-  
Is there a reason Alliance with the Son’a only affects [NA] Son'a, or is it just some protective future proofing?
It was prompted after we were asked if it made Transporter Drones become [Dom] affiliation. This seemed the easiest way to specify Son’a facilities, Son’a ships and Son’a personnel in a short way!

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Son'a alliance is such a cool card. I love it. It is one of those cards i look at and think "how come i never thought of this, it is so obvious this card needed to exist!"
We thought so too. Thanks! =)

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Takket wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:11 pm Son'a alliance is such a cool card. I love it. It is one of those cards i look at and think "how come i never thought of this, it is so obvious this card needed to exist!"
I've hoped we'd get some kind of thing like this bc of that one line on dS9 and one line in insurrection.

Do the Dominion get anymore "fostering alliances" type cards? Meaning outright "you can play this in dominion" like today's card OR some kind of "Breen entering the war" themed mechanic?
Just this one. Breen are already [Dom] anyway of course!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Hoss-Drone wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:15 pm
Takket wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:11 pm Son'a alliance is such a cool card. I love it. It is one of those cards i look at and think "how come i never thought of this, it is so obvious this card needed to exist!"
I've hoped we'd get some kind of thing like this bc of that one line on dS9 and one line in insurrection.

Do the Dominion get anymore "fostering alliances" type cards? Meaning outright "you can play this in dominion" like today's card OR some kind of "Breen entering the war" themed mechanic?
Just this one. Breen are already [Dom] anyway of course!
I don't mean make Breen Dominion. I mean "If you have X number of Breen in play you get a cookie"? Anything like that?
How about a cookie for different species - would that work for you?
=)

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Yes!

YOU ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!

Any other Sona related cards in this set?
See species cookie referenced above....
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Interested but as you know life is a bit nuts with[…]

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]