This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
might we see more ships in the expansion or someday get all the ships used in the dominion war as [1E-DS9] -logo cards?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbrsFzeiw8

such as miranda, excelsior, saber etc.? not that it needed gameplay wise but I want my miranda and excelisors in ds9 decks, as flavor :)
There are 7 ships in the set. But only 1 is [Fed] and you’ve seen that!
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
What three cards are the first to be included in "Dogs of War II: The Dogs Strike Back"?
Brainstorming here! I’m going to assume DoW2 is based on a different part of the war, and given the “Strike Back” subtitle, a darkest hour theme comes to mind. The start of season 6 perhaps? If so, let’s go with Starbase 375 (closing the broken link!), [Dom] Deep Space Nine, and [Equ] Self Replicating Minefield!
From my point of view, I would go with what we left on the cutting room floor, and that would be *Redacted* which was causing way too many problems due to lack of testing, *Redacted* just because it was such a cool mechanic and of course *Redacted* as it had all those feelgood thing to it!

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm curious about why no Steamrunner, Jager, or Saber classes? Seems like the perfect time to expand the Fed Fleet. I'm still holding out hope that there will be a Fed Fighter Class and a ❖ Captain to Captain them.
There are only 54 cards in this set and giving Fed's all the cool cards all the time is just not possible. We just had to make some really hard choises.
Last edited by stressedoutatumc on Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
is "briefly" a favorite word of design? :D
somehow everything is briefly lol
Strange, I don’t see briefly anywhere in gametext! Hmm, must have been Creative! Seriously though, I think I saw it 3 times in lore, and if things only happen short a short interval, it’s kind of an appropriate word to use!

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Why the difference in staffing needs between hideki and patrol ship?
Firstly, gameplay need. The CLF needed easy access to a ship which could have tractor beam, that doesn’t require their card play, so Hidden Fighter seemed the obvious route. Secondly, it has been done before: D’Kora Marauder vs D’Kora Transport. That was explained “Same spaceframe as the D'Kora-class marauder, but has a smaller crew complement and devotes far more internal volume to cargo capacity.” So again, same spaceframe, lower crew complement, different internal layout will justify the different staffing requirements here too!

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
any chance we get U.S.S. Bellerophon anytime soon? is there a second set around?
Well it wasn’t it our set as it wasn’t in our “remit”, but more DS9 content will be coming, I just can’t say any more than that I’m afraid!
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Are any non- [AQ] Thots planned? Dominion Command makes them native to the AQ, but the two we have, already are.
No, both the Thots seen on screen were Alpha Quadrant natives. Also, Dominion Command doesn’t make any cards become native to the Alpha Quadrant. It just lets those that are native to report to Central Command for free (as if they are Guls)

Whoops, missed a "that" in "that are native".

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Where are todays spoilers? :wink: :P
We’re looking into it. Something has gone wrong somewhere...

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Haven't looked at this much lately so was pleasantly surprised to see this set being spoiled, some very cool stuff, well done guys.

Wtf is going on with the Hideki cruiser?

Heavy-duty warship? As opposed to all those other warships with 3 staffing icons that... aren't? Weird.
It doesn’t say warship, it just says heavy duty military vessel

And I have been trying to think of another class of ship that's referred to as [Name][Class], as no one in such parlance ever says a Yamato Battleship or a Zumwalt destroyer without class in between. Dreadnought battleship is the closest I can come up with but that changes the meaning to speak not of the specific class but of a generation of warships. So the title just ... doesn't work.

Worse yet, canonically Galors are referred to as "destroyers" so how is it that these could be considered cruisers? Doubly confusing when it is based on the same hull as a Cardassian shuttle. Seems like you were going out of your way to close a perceived broken link (that is arguably not even a broken link!) and perhaps this wasn't given much consideration...
I suspect you’ve got some Earth-based definition of cruisers being bigger than destroyers? Unfortunately, the Cardassian military follows entirely different definitions...

And as to 16V -- I've remarked before that 1E pretty much has everything, and now up to and including genocide! Fun times. </s>

We All Serve has a nice loophole the founders can drive a truck through with it being 'if you have played' rather than 'if you have in play' given their shenanigans with exchanging (time to dust off In the Bag/Remote Supply Depot)...

Lastly, was there any testing of Morphogenic Virus and how it would interact with any of the number of ways that one might get that personnel to a place where a player could not cure it? It isn't location limited so it seems like the obvious play would be to slap it on someone and then whisk them away and keep them away from the opponent to maintain the penalty.
Probably the easiest way to cure this is to get the target killed or returned to hand!

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what else you've got in store for us.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
princedetenebres wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:04 am
Heavy-duty warship? As opposed to all those other warships with 3 staffing icons that... aren't? Weird.
It doesn’t say warship, it just says heavy duty military vessel

I suspect you’ve got some Earth-based definition of cruisers being bigger than destroyers? Unfortunately, the Cardassian military follows entirely different definitions...

Lastly, was there any testing of Morphogenic Virus and how it would interact with any of the number of ways that one might get that personnel to a place where a player could not cure it? It isn't location limited so it seems like the obvious play would be to slap it on someone and then whisk them away and keep them away from the opponent to maintain the penalty.
Probably the easiest way to cure this is to get the target killed or returned to hand!

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what else you've got in store for us.

Still seems like the title is just simply a mistake as the classification system used in the game shows the same bias, though admittedly Trek is just all over the place with this sort of thing, but it's still poorly titled and badly written lore. But before anyone gets butt hurt about that, it's your own damned fault for setting a high bar for consistency and only making such mistakes very very rarely. No shame in owning up to it given just how exceedingly rare it is.

And as to the morphogenic virus, I think you've missed my query entirely. Let's say I capture that personnel or it gets stuck in a penalty box or I don't know, take your pick of any number of ways that a personnel could get moved off somewhere you can't get them, well... now all your personnel are stuck with that modifier and what can you do about it?

Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I can already hear the bitching about the "NPE." I have no skin in this as I've given up playing, but that was my first thought when I saw it, how could this be abused? *shrug* Doesn't matter, but sounds like it too could lead to some fun (if cruel) shenanigans. And kinda weirdly contradictory, as if I seed it, my best hope is to infect one of your people and then effectively 'quarantine' them from you, rather than try to spread said virus -- so as to keep you from curing it. So my strategy with this virus is infect one guy and then get that guy away from your others to maximize the (duration of) the pain?

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:34 am Where are todays spoilers? :wink: :P
We’re looking into it. Something has gone wrong somewhere...
The spoiler is on line (where did I put my Tora Ziyal??). but the Breen is marked as Cardassian.

Now for the Question:

It seems using regions is strongly encouraged.
The set obviously boost the Cardassia Region, but also includes dilemmas (like Some Day I’ll Retire Here) to also discourage there usage too.

Any project to correct old mission to include regions in their game text?
Like the errata to Strategic Diversion last year? If you can spot one that needs fixing, let us know!

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
unfortunately virus is not opp choice, so its tough to relocate the infected member

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:22 am unfortunately virus is not opp choice, so its tough to relocate the infected member
Is it? :shifty:
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]