This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
As promised i've recorded a youtube video where myself and one of my local players give our reviews, HAWT TAYKES, thoughts and strategy ideas for the first 24 revealed cards for Dogs of War. With Special Guest: Coco (my dog) who provided valuable insight in what it means to be a Dog of War. (she sleeps the entire time)

WARNING: our takes are our own - they are raw, HAWT and my trademark brand of Brash and to the point at times. There is a small amount of swearing - not much but enough to warn you and suggest you consider it NSFW (unless you got headphones :) )

Agree or disagree with our opinions i hope you enjoy the video and feel free to comment here or there with your own HAWT TAYKES.

(Dogs of War Preview not endorsed or sponsored by the CC. All opinions, hawt taykes, insults and feelings about everything belong to us and are not necessarily the opinions of anyone else - especially the CC, the set designers or the playtesters. Jaegerbomb gaming is waived of any liability if you rely on our opinions in making a deck and it loses horribly)

https://youtu.be/ND5aUH5_LMY

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
a cloaked ship is not "here"
Cloaked cards are not considered to be opposing, present, "here" or otherwise located at their current location for requirements or abilities.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Paging rules. Rules, please pick up the white courtesy phone:

In the video I talk a lot about having to download the new quad treaty (based on other ppls comments in other threads) but it just occurred to me:

You can fail to find any download at the cost of opp getting to look through your deck, q's tent, etc. I assume one *could* do that here also right? Play staging ground, fail to find the treaty, they get to see my deck but I get to do [1E-DS9] whatever right? If so,...

Then I would retract that entire section of my video 8)

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:15 pm a cloaked ship is not "here"
Cloaked cards are not considered to be opposing, present, "here" or otherwise located at their current location for requirements or abilities.
Lotta rules in this game, hard to remember ones I hardly ever think about. Consider that thought retracted.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:50 pm Paging rules. Rules, please pick up the white courtesy phone:

In the video I talk a lot about having to download the new quad treaty (based on other ppls comments in other threads) but it just occurred to me:

You can fail to find any download at the cost of opp getting to look through your deck, q's tent, etc. I assume one *could* do that here also right? Play staging ground, fail to find the treaty, they get to see my deck but I get to do [1E-DS9] whatever right? If so,...

Then I would retract that entire section of my video 8)
Nah, if you use Reshape the Quadrant to download Staging Ground, but then fail to download the mandatory Treaty, first your opponent would get to look through your deck (you're right about that)... but then the entire download chain would cancel and Staging Ground would return to your draw deck.

It's the old "no, you can't play Sherman's Peak without downloading Space Station K-7 and you can't play Montana Missile Complex without seeding Phoenix there" situation. I think this is the line of the Glossary that's trying to express this idea, although FWIW I think this line is doing a fairly poor job of expressing it clearly and comprehensively:
Although some downloads are optional, others require you to download a certain target card (or group of target cards). If you cannot do everything required, the entire download is invalid.
Fun fact: Design once tried to put a mandatory download on a mission, and we eventually had to tell them "no," because we couldn't figure out what to do if the download failed. You can place a failed Incident back in your draw deck; you can place a failed seeded Time Location out-of-play; but you're kinda stuck with the mission! (Design got clever and eventually made a design that worked for Exo III and Planet Mudd, which were originally going to mandatory-download Hard-Working, Happy Androids
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Really liked your analysis of Battle of Cardassia, a card I myself am pretty divided over (because I'm bad at everything the deck wants me to do).

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Although some downloads are optional, others require you to download a certain target card (or group of target cards). If you cannot do everything required, the entire download is invalid.
the download is invalid. doesnt say anything about the seeded card. it just means, if you want to download 2 things and one cant be found, you cant get the other. ie AMS has to find 2 personnel.

pls discuss here
viewtopic.php?f=310&p=547126#p547126
Last edited by Ensign Q on Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:25 am Really liked your analysis of Battle of Cardassia, a card I myself am pretty divided over (because I'm bad at everything the deck wants me to do).
can just solve it with [1E-Rom] [Fed] or [Fed] [Kli] and Cha'Joh. switching affilation after leaving the ship

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Awesome work! Thanks! :thumbsup:
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
This is a fun listen, thank you Kev and Mark for putting it out there!

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i dont see how morphogenetic virus will ever be better than romulan probes, but the good thing is, we will know in a couple months :D
its much easier to whiff a random species, since a lot of decks play [NA] humans, than randomly getting past V'Ger by matching the exact skills. Its the best filter ever printed. let alone bombs that ask for a certain threshold of stats. biology also isnt a rare skill anymore and -2 all stats barely matters. ( it only cancels lower decks)
im planning to do my own review video right now.
game needs this kind of content.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:50 am
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:23 pm https://youtu.be/Xcuu_g4jyOg

Part 2 is now posted and ready for your eyes and ears!
I’m waiting for the Snyder cut of Kev’s videos! :wink:
I realize we get a bit harsh at times but it's nothing personal and we appreciate what you guys do. I've been on design, I know how hard it is to listen to ppl tear into your hard work. Keep up the good work Paddy. As we agree in the end - the set is "above average".

PS - you'll get a snyder cut when you errata we all serve the way. :P :P
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]