This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:55 pm Do you like Headquarters?
Do you like ships?
Do you like drawing cards?
Do you like drawing cards for playing ships at your HQ?
I got very excited about this card until I looked at all the [WC] cards and only one affiliated card doesn't specify "outpost". A ship-heavy Romulan dissident deck doesn't sound much fun.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
One of the reason's I quit playing 1E was because of Strategema unless players agreed to not use it. Now with that text of Xindi in that new card got me really HAWT! :shifty:

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:27 pm
Do you like ships?
I got very excited about this card until I looked at all the [WC] cards and only one affiliated card doesn't specify "outpost". A ship-heavy Romulan dissident deck doesn't sound much fun.
Always a Chess Game [1E-TNG] [1E-Rom] can actually be quite good for this... you just need to seed your outpost at Supervise Dilithium Mine where you download Process Ore: Mining , stock a ton of Reaction Control Thrusters in your deck to move your outpost to Romulus (Cloaked Mission) and then use the Process Ore: Mining downloaded by Supervise Dilithium Mine to discard your extra Reaction Control Thrusters cards for card draws and points.

TLDR: Romulans can move their outpost to their HQ and get their [WC] free plays at the same location as their Headquarters!

- James M
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
StateofSTCCG wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:36 pm One of the reason's I quit playing 1E was because of Strategema unless players agreed to not use it. Now with that text of Xindi in that new card got me really HAWT! :shifty:
Hopefully that means we'll finally let Borg off the leash soon. Seems a bit daft to block Borg from assimilating homeworlds Because Battle Bad, and then print a card letting other people score the same or more points for less work.
 -  
Community Contributor
Orbin wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:38 pm
Do you like ships?
Always a Chess Game [1E-TNG] [1E-Rom] can actually be quite good for this... you just need to seed your outpost at Supervise Dilithium Mine where you download Process Ore: Mining , stock a ton of Reaction Control Thrusters in your deck to move your outpost to Romulus (Cloaked Mission) and then use the Process Ore: Mining downloaded by Supervise Dilithium Mine to discard your extra Reaction Control Thrusters cards for card draws and points.

TLDR: Romulans can move their outpost to their HQ and get their [WC] free plays at the same location as their Headquarters!

- James M
I'm really happy for you, and I'll be glad to see you have fun with that, but you could not pay me to play a deck like that.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:57 pm Hi all,

Dogs of War is released tomorrow, on Friday, March 26th. But for many of us, especially those of us on the West Coast of the US, that's tonight at 9 PM. So let's count down. I'll start us off with an exclusive spoiler... ladies, gentlemen, and non-binary friends, take a look at Decimate Homeworld:

I'll be back throughout the rest of the day with more goodies and fun facts for you. In the meantime, what do you think of this new Objective?

-crp
So...Xindi affiliation confirmed?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Do you like ships?
Orbin's sliding Outpost deck is also way too complicated for me, although quite impressive to watch. (SOURCE: I have watched him run it!)

BUT I still think this card has value in TNG decks. Example: for years, there've been two basic Finest Crew "builds": Finest Crew + Attention All Hands + Holodeck Door for the [Bar] punks OR Finest Crew + Attention All Hands + Office of the President -and-you-seed-your-outpost-next-door-to-Earth-for-ease-of-pickups.

The Holodeck Door strategy proved its supremacy over time, because it was just too darned convenient to only have to worry about one reporting location -- despite OOTP's superior selection of personnel.

But does HQ: Shipyards change that calculus? It might! You'll have more ships, easier draw access, and maybe moving back and forth to pick up peeps just isn't going to be that inconvenient now!

P.S. Also, Legitimate Leader and Illegitimate Leader don't give a darn about outposts as long as you've got Gowron / a Duras person to report to.
 -  
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:11 am BUT I still think this card has value in TNG decks... But does HQ: Shipyards change that calculus? It might! You'll have more ships, easier draw access, and maybe moving back and forth to pick up peeps just isn't going to be that inconvenient now!
It's a significant problem, though, to have your ship reporting tied to the minor report location in the deck. That's killed a lot of janky ideas I've had, like NA DS9 freighter spam.
BCSWowbagger wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:11 amP.S. Also, Legitimate Leader and Illegitimate Leader don't give a darn about outposts as long as you've got Gowron / a Duras person to report to.
Fair point about Illegit, but Gowron has to be at a non-homeworld mission to allow reporting (and he consumes your first turn card play too).

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Or at least HQ compatible? I mean, the whole reason for [WC] was to get a good way to play sperated from the free report salad, right? Why wish them back into the salad all over again?
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
There is a Virtual Promo of Odo, in three colours. But it hasn’t been announced (I believe they were awaiting delivery of the print outs before they open it up to orders).
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation