This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hi,
I simply cannot play against those. My dilemmas do not work against them. Any strategies or dilemma combos besides just shooting them that work well against those fellas?

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
I've Skyped you, but I'll post my thoughts later today here :D

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
experiene bij is a killer

and everything that blows up the cube
like godcombos or vger

baryon buildup also works

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:58 am experiene bij is a killer

like godcombos or vger

I straight lost a game to Paddy due to Experience BiJ. That's straight truth right there.

BB can be gotten around if the Borg player actually packs Transwarp Network Gateways. I've yet to run Transwarp Hub in a TNG Borg deck but there's no reason you can't or shouldn't.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
You shouldn't be running Baryon without Docking Procedures

:wink:

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Docking Procedures can be rough. I had a delightful game of cat-and-mouse with @BCSWowbagger once where I was doing all sorts of goofy things to try and play round it.

Even if you don't get it to "stick" the head games make it worth stocking IMHO...

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:11 am

like godcombos or vger

I straight lost a game to Paddy due to Experience BiJ. That's straight truth right there.

BB can be gotten around if the Borg player actually packs Transwarp Network Gateways. I've yet to run Transwarp Hub in a TNG Borg deck but there's no reason you can't or shouldn't.
i wont go into details, but there are a couple of reasons you dont want or cant get a hub installed.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:54 am

like godcombos or vger

i wont go into details, but there are a couple of reasons you dont want or cant get a hub installed.
Well, you definitely CAN get one... it's a simple matter of Construct Starship + a Nebula Mission (add in Strategic Base for extra yumminess)

I've done it in multiple non- [1E-TNG] Borg decks and it's pretty solid. Clowns Cytherians like a champ.

As for why I wouldn't WANT that in a [1E-TNG] [Bor] ... *shrug* you must have your reasons, but they're not immediately obvious to me. That's ok, you got some super secret tech you wanna keep to yourself, I understand.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
My TNG Borg recently got screwed over by Entertaining Display and Mila...

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:20 am
Ensign Q wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:54 am

Well, you definitely CAN get one... it's a simple matter of Construct Starship + a Nebula Mission (add in Strategic Base for extra yumminess)

I've done it in multiple non- [1E-TNG] Borg decks and it's pretty solid. Clowns Cytherians like a champ.

As for why I wouldn't WANT that in a [1E-TNG] [Bor] ... *shrug* you must have your reasons, but they're not immediately obvious to me. That's ok, you got some super secret tech you wanna keep to yourself, I understand.
u cant get one if u dont have nebulas or cant reach them before your range is too low.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:31 am My TNG Borg recently got screwed over by Entertaining Display and Mila...
I, too, felt that pain. Man, that sucked. :x The manner in which Niall brought it to the table softened the blow a bit. And seeing Mila standing there (in my imagination), waving with that high-tech broomstick... Keeping drones off her just-swept floors... that was hilarious. To experience once. :P
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
What did Mila download? A Transport Inhibitor? or what?
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:19 am What did Mila download? A Transport Inhibitor? or what?
Inhibitor of course. I think he killed my other drones with Worf and Jadzia, and because [1E-TNG] [Bor] can’t land (I still liked my idea of landing cubes that got cut from Q Who?) I was locked out

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KazonPADD wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:24 am
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:19 am What did Mila download? A Transport Inhibitor? or what?
Inhibitor of course. I think he killed my other drones with Worf and Jadzia, and because [1E-TNG] [Bor] can’t land (I still liked my idea of landing cubes that got cut from Q Who?) I was locked out
Doesn't Stone Knives and Bearskins shut that shit right down?

Also, why were you locked out? Can't you just change objectives and to a different mission?
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 -  
Armus wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:08 am
KazonPADD wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:24 am
Doesn't Stone Knives and Bearskins shut that shit right down?

Also, why were you locked out? Can't you just change objectives and to a different mission?
Yes, I just went to another mission, was only that one mission I was locked out from.

And I probably had Stone Knives in the tent, and clean forgot!

@Brad are you Brad Snyder? I believe he is[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]