This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Happy Dogs of War release day!

I love getting to bring you new expansions. Not only is it exciting to see your reactions to new cards, it's a very satisfying end to a year's worth of work. Dozens of volunteers touch these cards, from designers to testers to Rules team to the Creative team to the Art team and then the writers and programmers. New release day is a glorious celebration of all of their efforts.

So for today's First Edition Friday Question, I want to celebrate the content of Dogs of War with a special edition. Today, you get not one, not two, but three questions for you to answer, all about the latest virtual expansion. We're looking for your Day 1 first impressions.
  • What is your favorite card in Dogs of War?
  • What is your favorite story on a card in Dogs of War?
  • What is your favorite art on a card in Dogs of War?
We can't wait to see what cards you rank on top, and why. We'll be reading your responses all week! And don't forget, the Design Q&A thread is still open if you have any post-release questions for the designers.

Enjoy this new virtual expansion! And have a fantastic weekend, however you choose to spend it.

-crp

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I haven't decided on gameplay or image yet, but my favorite story is without a doubt Alliance with the Son'a. The Son'a received military protection from the Dominion and produced Ketracel-White for them. Personnel have been put into affiliation for far less. I'm glad I finally have a good way to play the Son'a alongside their Dominion allies.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'm going to have to stew on these questions for a while. There are some flashy personnel, plus more Breen are always welcome. But I need two wrap my head around these Incidents first.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
its a little early to answer this questions, but i think my fav card mechanic wise is
staging ground, because it makes report salad much easier to keep track of.

immersion wise Vic is just awesome.

pictures, i like most of the ships, my fav probably the Rovaran, i always had a weak spot for romulan warbirds.
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
MidnightLich wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:38 am What is your favorite art on a card in Dogs of War?
I was gonna say the Rovaran, because it is an epic shot of one of the best ship models in all of Trek. Buuuttt, it loses some wow points 'cause it was already done in 2E.

I was gonna say the other D'Deridex, because, duh. But that Klingon ship docked at the outpost is sublime. And then I saw the Magellan. Somewhat back-lit so the lights are in high contrast, a phaser blast going off, and the smooth curves of the Galaxy Class...

So... the ships. That's my answer.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
MidnightLich wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:38 am What is your favorite card in Dogs of War?
I think Vic Fontaine (Dogs of War), because I'm hoping he portends a Badda-Bing Badda-Bang boutique product. :shifty:

Decimate Homeworld is a close second because it's getting me thinking about playing decks I normally would never touch.
MidnightLich wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:38 amWhat is your favorite story on a card in Dogs of War?
Lieutenant Nog has all the feelz.
MidnightLich wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:38 amWhat is your favorite art on a card in Dogs of War?
Hands down the 'shopped in Son'a ships on Increase White Production. That art is seamless.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Favorite card might be HQ: Shipyards. Personally I have trouble getting the flavor of Romulan decks to my liking--though I like the green borders and keep trying. I'm starting to think they just elude definition and don't have a theme. But they do have double headquarters. And, they do have D'deridex-class warbirds, which look amazing. More excuses to use those ships are most welcome.

Favorite story on a card might be Vic Fontaine. He reminds me of Kurlan Naiskos which I have a soft spot for, plus the idea behind it makes me smile (and so does the thread on making it as weird as possible!).

Also wanted to bring up Treaty: Alpha Quadrant Alliance but first mention how it's strange to me for lore on a Treaty card to not reference one of the powers shown in its image (if not Bajorans, maybe Deep Space 9 as a fill-in, as the station is owned by them). Here a quarter of it is left hanging. On the flip side, the twist to it by giving the official account is a nice touch.

Favorite art on a card might surprisingly to me not be a ship. Treaty: Alpha Quadrant Alliance with four affiliations teaming up is a sight to behold! All right, and I can't resist mentioning U.S.S. Magellan as well. Not just for the phaser shot; the lights and the glows of the nacelles reflected off the hull look so good.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I think I've settled on Distorted Reflection as my favorite image. It's such a poignant scene.

For gameplay I'm leaning towards Recruit Ally. I like that it gives you a substantial reward for completing it other than just straight points. I plan to run it alongside Ba'ku and change up where I go first to try to throw off my opponents.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation