This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

-  
Not sure how this all works, I used to play star trek 1e when It came out and massed up a few hundred cards but did always want to get closer to completion.
I have noticed you have the online option which I might do at a later stage however. With the prints how do I incorporate my actual physical cards with the printouts was thinking to stick them onto other duplicates which I have many of.
Thanks for any help for this issue.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
welcome!
i think thats how its done. you print them on paper and put them in front of a physical card in a sleeve. a more sophisticated way is to print them at a card manufacture on the webs.

dont be afraid of lackeyccg. its easy to set up and easy to maneuver. it has a couple quirks, but thats learning by doing. its pretty much the main system to play these days, unless you have a real life playgroup. there is also still the virus though,

-  
Me and my brother used to play it for hours on end, wanted to get back into it as furloughed (funded by gov but still employed).
I would like to get back to remembering the basics and then I can try that lackey thing. Also not sure the rules of otf and all that. When I used to play it was 60 cards. Maybe that's different now

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
O.r.hopkins wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:48 am Not sure how this all works, I used to play star trek 1e when It came out and massed up a few hundred cards but did always want to get closer to completion.
I have noticed you have the online option which I might do at a later stage however. With the prints how do I incorporate my actual physical cards with the printouts was thinking to stick them onto other duplicates which I have many of.
Thanks for any help for this issue.
Welcome.

I would recommend you use our player locator to see if anyone is in your area who, at some point, be able to go over everything in person and get you up to speed. More to the point, playing the game involves choosing open or OTF. Open is the complete, traditional version of the game while OTF is the competitive tournament format using a ban list, etc.

So will want to make sure you spend time going over the current rules, glossary clarifications, etc as well.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
O.r.hopkins wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:58 am Me and my brother used to play it for hours on end, wanted to get back into it as furloughed (funded by gov but still employed).
I would like to get back to remembering the basics and then I can try that lackey thing. Also not sure the rules of otf and all that. When I used to play it was 60 cards. Maybe that's different now
welcome. OTF is not just competivite but balances the game and takes out overpowered broken cards. since there are not many local player anymore, i am glad there is the possibility to play online. if you need help regarding rules and/or want some online games with beginner decks, feel free to sent me a message.

-  
I have quite a few cards in total I won't post them as tied in elastic bands and think I seen some get upset by this. My major issue is usually deciding which to choose as I have enough to do to most of the major groups. Got some foil limited edition too. I will look at some option you guys have thanks

-  
Had a look at player locator there's one in Swansea Wales UK, where I live and another 6-7 in Wales itself.

-  
Actually here it is, all my unique cards and another drawer for my duplicates.
Attachments:
1616953424466133104345528429667.jpg
1616953424466133104345528429667.jpg (2.58 MiB) Viewed 1090 times

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Welcome!
I suggest you get some trading card boxes. Rubberbands are not kind to the cards...

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
O.r.hopkins wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:44 pm Actually here it is, all my unique cards and another drawer for my duplicates.
ouch that hurts

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
O.r.hopkins wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:22 pm They've been ok for 10 years in storage, las time I played was maybe 15 years ago
you probably dont have any, but the rarest cards can fetch up to 2000$ in pristine condition. not so much with visible rubbermarkings,
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
O.r.hopkins wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:24 pm Had a look at player locator there's one in Swansea Wales UK, where I live and another 6-7 in Wales itself.
Welcome! Outside of Covid there are normally tournaments in Manchester. We often do sealed or starter deck events which are great for returning players! We will be looking to organise in-person events again as lockdown gets lifted.

-  
My rarest are the foil edition, ones I believe
Attachments:
16169938991503775124740811580395.jpg
16169938991503775124740811580395.jpg (2.48 MiB) Viewed 988 times

-  
KazonPADD wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:05 pm
O.r.hopkins wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:24 pm Had a look at player locator there's one in Swansea Wales UK, where I live and another 6-7 in Wales itself.
Welcome! Outside of Covid there are normally tournaments in Manchester. We often do sealed or starter deck events which are great for returning players! We will be looking to organise in-person events again as lockdown gets lifted.
I might do that or view it will see how it goes.
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]