This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 141 posts

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Redacted
Last edited by Professor Scott on Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:04 am
Ensign Q wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:35 am lore, you are just toxic, i dont care about your posts lol.
@Ensign Q remember how I mentioned this morning that not everything requires a comment? This was one of those times.
for posterity if nothing else. I want everbody to see who runs this place.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Redacted
Last edited by Professor Scott on Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:03 am but then you beat him over the head with a shot at his skill.
Is it "beating over the head" to point out that Niall is *really good* at this game, and there's no shame to losing to a really good player?

Be like me stepping in the ring with Anthony Joshua and complaining that he keeps mopping the floor with me, so boxing must be broken because he keeps abusing "punching me in the face".

(Substitute other top-tier athletes/sports to taste.)

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:08 amIf his unnecessary words are to condemn him, let him hang himself.
Not sure if you've seen it yet -- but I think the poster in question might've taken your words (or his own reflections) to heart; he has since changed that particular post, and publicly apologized. What he said wasn't overly pretty (also not horrible, IMO; but indeed not truly befitting the OPD). But: he owned his mistake. I respect that! :thumbsup:

More people in this world -- especially (but not exclusively) outside of nerdy card games -- should be willing to take back words, or admit they're wrong, or apologize (whether for the greater good or not). Yes, everyone is fallible. Accept it. Run with it. Learn from it. :cross:

You can't be a public figure and never drop a ball. Well, unless you're the juggler perhaps.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
I have redacted several posts on this thread. I apologize for the remaining white space.

@AllenGould

The beating was the mention of the player's predictability AND the player's skill level in one shot. There was no comparison of 2 player's skill levels, it was an general shot at one players skill.

In any event, the matter is moot now as apologies have been rendered.

@Lore, I applaud you sir.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i take the derailing of the topic multiple times as a confirmation im right though.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Ensign Q wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:07 am i take the derailing of the topic multiple times as a confirmation im right though.

I wouldn't necessarily assume that. You can be not entirely wrong while still being not entirely right.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Right and wrong are not absolutes, especially in these contexts. Debating them isn't terribly helpful.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
MidnightLich wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:38 am Right and wrong are not absolutes, especially in these contexts. Debating them isn't terribly helpful.
Only a Sith deals in absolutes!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:49 am
MidnightLich wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:38 am Right and wrong are not absolutes, especially in these contexts. Debating them isn't terribly helpful.
Unless spoken by a sith, that seems like a pretty self- contradictory statement.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Armus wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:34 pm
Professor Scott wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:49 am
Unless spoken by a sith, that seems like a pretty self- contradictory statement.
"Do or Do not! There is no try." sounds very Sith like too. In any case, I am poking fun at Obi-Wan for saying it, and having a gentle ribbing at Charlie's expense.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
yawn. youre quoting the wrong franchise.

what happened to the good old star wars vs star trek nerdwar?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Ensign Q wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:51 pm yawn. youre quoting the wrong franchise.

what happened to the good old star wars vs star trek nerdwar?
"Try to realize the Truth."

"What Truth?"

"There is no spoon."
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Since I looked up and noticed this is the Rules Questions forum, someone want to remind me what the Rules Question was? :shifty:
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]