This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i was planning to make a youtube review, but i wont advertise this place. reasons can be found on the forums.

but i want to have the fun of being wrong, so here are my predictions:

Morphogenic Virus [Cmd] [Cmd] . -too easy to cure and not too useful to trigger stuff.
Plasma Currents [Cmd] [Cmd] - str is too easy to pass for prepared decks, since they bring weapons. it will alter the meta just because it exists though.
Romulan Mind Probes [Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd] -some are not convinced, but i think its the best filter ever printed. unless you run a certain skillheavy deck like treachery, most of the time only onwe or two personnel will trigger the bomb behind it.
Some Day I'll Retire Here [Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd] . harder to pass than currents, so kinda nice
Terrorist Explosion [S] completely irrelevant, because it has to be seeded where the opp has a facility. 4 SEC is also kinda easy to pass. if only it would not discard at least.
Mantle of the Empire [Cmd] [Cmd] a worse Emergency Transport Unit 2 stars because martok sds it.
Attack Plans3/5- much better than wartime conditions
HQ: Shipyards [Cmd] kinda meh. a draw isnt hard to come by, but a cardplay is
Treaty: Alpha Quadrant Alliance [Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd] it might turn out to be too weak to the devil, but for now the deck looks promising
Alliance with the Son'a [Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd] -kinda cool with One Big Happy Family. no beam in hurts a lot though.
Cardassian Liberation Front [Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd] . tough to imagine the deck right now. only small ships hurt. attack ship is very strong though.
Dominion Command [Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd] cornerstone of an alpha dominion deck. if only it would dl a ship each turn to compete with the alliance..
Staging Ground [Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd]
We All Serve [Cmd] [Cmd] too many restrictions. it saves 3 seeds though, so it gets a 2nd (pity) star.
Distorted Reflection [Cmd] interrupts stink and this one doesnt anything specialDimensional Shifting is much more effective and flexible
I Want the Cardassians Exterminated! [Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd] quite solid, still an interrupt though
Secret Sabotage [Cmd] only niall will play this card
Battle of Cardassia [Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd] i like it as a dead end bait. it will probably solved more often in a rom/fed deck packing chajoh
Increase White Production [Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd] 40 unstealable points. yes pls.
Recruit Ally [Cmd] [Cmd] doesnt strike me as very good.
Resist Occupying Forces [Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd] another 40. yummy
Steal Breen Armament [Cmd] [Cmd] kinda boring but not as limited to dogs decks
Decimate Homeworld [S] zero. completely useless if no homeworlds are in play and only breen can attack. very bad.
One Big Happy Family [Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd] so much draw.
so much power.
i will give all personnel and ships an average of 3 for now
Last edited by Ensign Q on Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
OrionSyndicate wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:16 pm I like the dilemmas in this expansion.

I was thinking of Treaty: Alpha Quadrant Alliance / Going to the Top combo.
i tried it, but u aleady have so much reports and need the variety of personnel over interrupts to report them.
it might work in massive decks though, but i try to keep it at 60max.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Re Shipyards: You do realize that hq cards are free at every headquarters, right?
Re Decimate: It is a great tent card in a dominion Taking charge deck.
Re terrorist: great against headquarters and stations decks. Especially is you stock the right tactics for extra kills.
Re we all serve: free reports with the draw part of continuing mission? Yes please!
Re Distorted mirror: I think you meant one of the other shifting cards, but I think that getting points for solving missions is what I would use interrupts for, anyways. And the other one is an event...
Re secret sabotage: looks like a good anti Battle tech to me. "Oh, you want to blow up my shuttle? Fine. But you are gonna get destaffed and mostly blown away at the end of my next turn."

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Re Shipyards: You do realize that hq cards are free at every headquarters, right?
yes, but cardplaying ships is expensive and inefficient. id rather play a kivas instead.
Re Decimate: It is a great tent card in a dominion Taking charge deck.
it remains to be seen how well a dominion deck turns out and whether or not they dedicate a slot to it.
Re terrorist: great against headquarters and stations decks. Especially is you stock the right tactics for extra kills.
i dont think so, id rather play outpost raid or sheliak
Re we all serve: free reports with the draw part of continuing mission? Yes please!
free report and draw is effectively the same as war effort download. plus it doesnt break new arrivals and gets the skills you need. so u still have a free report and draw. (and you get to play non alpha)

Re Distorted mirror: I think you meant one of the other shifting cards, but I think that getting points for solving missions is what I would use interrupts for, anyways. And the other one is an event...
there are enough point interrupts already and they are not played. and for discard Temporal Shifting is just better.
Re secret sabotage: looks like a good anti Battle tech to me. "Oh, you want to blow up my shuttle? Fine. But you are gonna get destaffed and mostly blown away at the end of my next turn."
a niall card as i said.

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tourna[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]