This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
It has been a few years since I have played a game of 1E. I am talking with one of my friends about Headquarters, like Office of the President, and we are trying to remember if you can use HQs like outposts to report ships and all your characters. I tend to remember that the only people you can report to HQs are those specifically stated on the card, like ambassadors, presidents, and admirals, vice-admirals and one of those can report for free once each turn. But can I play any non-admirals, non-ambassadors, and non-presidents at Office of the President?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
You can report any compatible personnel native to the quadrant to a Headquarters. You can also report ships there, although they report in orbit, cannot dock at the HQ (a planet facility) and cannot benefit from the HQ's SHIELDS.

This is all normal reporting and is built-in to the Headquarters card type. You may want to take a quick look at Reporting For Duty to refresh yourself on the ins and outs!
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:32 pm It has been a few years since I have played a game of 1E. I am talking with one of my friends about Headquarters, like Office of the President, and we are trying to remember if you can use HQs like outposts to report ships and all your characters. I tend to remember that the only people you can report to HQs are those specifically stated on the card, like ambassadors, presidents, and admirals, vice-admirals and one of those can report for free once each turn. But can I play any non-admirals, non-ambassadors, and non-presidents at Office of the President?
Indeed they can! From the Rulebook:
Your Personnel, Ship, and Equipment cards do not simply play on the table like other cards. Normally, they must play at a usable, compatible outpost or headquarters in their native quadrant, or to a time location where they are native. Announce the title of the card you are reporting and where you are reporting it, then place it there.
Really, the only thing they don't do that an outpost does is repair ships. (And ships can't dock their, either - they report in orbit.) Although, they are not Outposts, so a card that asks for an Outpost won't work at an HQ.

-crp
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation