This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Ausgang (Gerald Sieber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
JeBuS wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:48 am That's all just over complicating things. Make the players play by the same rules. That means the same number of turns for both.
:thumbsup:

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Usually if it takes me 6 turns I accept defeat readily but if I lose before I can take my 5th turn I'm salty about it.

There's enough stop dilemmas in the game for the probability of being able to win in 4 turns being quite low. Yet 5 turns seems to be the sweet spot for an uninterrupted speed solver.

I wouldn't know the exact statistic. Maybe you could get close by quickly goldfishing speed solving through random dilemma combos. I would say speed solvers go from about 50% chance of winning on turn 4 to about 90% chance of winning on turn 5.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
its hard to predict how a real match actually plays out, because of the dilemma strats, but a speedsolver can goldfish on turn 2 in theory,
(ams+ reports for t1 solve space, acquire genesis, t2 solve planet for fw.

in actual game you might get delayed 2 turns, but thats still a t4 win.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
even if the number of turns is equal, a invasive beam in dominion might want to first turn for the first strike on AMS dudes.

more turns in games in general would reduce the problem. lower plays and/or draws

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
if it takes 100 turns to win the game, then the one who goes first is still a turn faster.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:12 pm if it takes 100 turns to win the game, then the one who goes first is still a turn faster.
So you want both players to play their turns at the same time? Because that is the only way to solve the first person goes first problem.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ausgang wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:00 am
JeBuS wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:48 am That's all just over complicating things. Make the players play by the same rules. That means the same number of turns for both.
:thumbsup:

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Here's some hot data for you.

Yesterday's game, I went first, Seppel got the mod win.

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]