This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
my idea was to slim the banlist, so cards could be played again that are too dangerous in multiples, because I like playing cards.
if you rather like a banlist then *shrug*

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Regarding restriction:
I am all against it. STCCG had always as a main characteristic that you have the freedom of stocking everything you could and want. And now that we can just print anything we want I see no need to. I like the way it is: Finding problem cards, ban them temporarily and fix them.

AMS, BtS are candidates.

Simple Pleasures:
Haven't thought about that one. Till now nobody used it to its full potential. Probably a card as well.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:14 am
if you rather like a banlist then *shrug*
No i like the banlist to be decreased (if possible). (maybe [Ref] would be okay, to leave them intact for open traditional play). What i like don´t like are people who do provocing implications/imputations to other peoples motives, like you regularly do. thats why i banned you on discord a year ago. And thats one reason why i will set more boundaries in the future.

@Caretaker's Guest
Yeah, temporaly ban (if nessesary) and then fix cards that would otherwise spam decks in multiples. When trekcc continues that the creative abundance of 1e would remain and only a handfull of problematic cards need to be targeted.

What other cards are too OP so that they are spammed in form of too many copies? Not many i think, but maybe there are a few more...

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
pls set me on ignore here then sloan, i dont like you either. you are passive aggressive all the time for something on discord i dont even remember.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:16 am Regarding restriction:
I am all against it. STCCG had always as a main characteristic that you have the freedom of stocking everything you could and want. And now that we can just print anything we want I see no need to. I like the way it is: Finding problem cards, ban them temporarily and fix them.

AMS, BtS are candidates.

Simple Pleasures:
Haven't thought about that one. Till now nobody used it to its full potential. Probably a card as well.
my argument was fixing takes longer than restricting. some cards on the banlist are there for 20+ years by now. so you cant play everything you want...
also the cc has the habit to nerf cards into oblivion, so they are essentially still banned.
unlike others i dont think the cc did a good job at the banlist. a ton of them are on there because someone remembers the card from 30 yrs ago in a completely different environment.

dilemma seeds are already restricted. how did that went through?
Last edited by Ensign Q on Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:44 am pls set me on ignore here then sloan, i dont like you either. you are passive aggressive all the time for something on discord i dont even remember.
No, i do not run away from the forum, just because you are here. I will raise my voice here. Feel free to ignore me here, if you like. Well now i have reminded you, for one of the reasons i will set more boundaries. Maybe see you in the tournament ;)

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:48 am my argument was fixing takes longer than restricting.
Not nessesarely. And instead of introducing a restriction rule to many cards, carefully fixing single onces is the way to go IMO. Besides there are only a few cards on the banlist and about 4000 in the game. I´d say that are enought cards to play with in the meantime :)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]