This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trekcc policy is to keep the banned cards as close to the original as possible.

Also there is the thread of making starting 2nd not that bad.

There is also the long term plan to have a bit more turns and easier yet strategic decision making.

that in mind, i start with:

1. [Art] Hoghn
Once per game, immediatly check if you havn´t seeded insurrection, started the game 2nd and are behind in points, your next turn is a double-turn. Discard artifact.

2. Fair Play
[1E-Evt] [Ref] Seeds or plays, once per game, on one of your missions that your opponent did not also seed. May not be attempted or scouted by opponent. May not leave play. You may not solve or scout opponents missions showing more then 35 points.

3. General Quarters
[1E-Evt] [Ref] Seeds or plays on table. For every personal either player reports every turn, after the 2nd, he or she must discard a card from hand. Personal reported as normal card play do not count to the limit. May not be removed from the game.

4. Genetronic Replicator
[1E-Evt] Plays on table. Once per turn you may prevent one of your personal being killed by a medical related dilemma, if you have 4 other MEDCIAL present.

Note: Medical Crisis, a medical related dilema, was their to nerf [Vid] vidiians. they are currently one of the worst affiliations and it will take month for the delta expansions(?) so giving them a litte candy sounds nice.

5. You are a Monument
Lore: Humanoid life derived from one species spreading hints in the alpha quadrant.

[1E-Evt] [Ref] [HA] Seeds or plays on table, may not leave play. Any player who has not solved or scouted an alpha quadrant mission needs additional 15 points to win. Any player (starting with the one not starting the game) may download Bajoran Wormhole: Mirror Universe and/or Barzan Wormhole (to Delta Quadrant may not be moved or closed)

Note: This would both require people coming to the alpha quadrant (but points required reduced from 40 to 15) AND allows to move to any quadrant, since Bajoran Wormhole: Mirror Universe can download the 2 Bajoran Wormholes to Alpha and Gamma Quadrant.
Last edited by Mr.Sloan on Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I quite like the idea of Horga'hn as an explicitly come-from-behind card.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:46 pm I quite like the idea of Horga'hn as an explicitly come-from-behind card.
Yeah come-from-behind rebalances the game and gives the "weaker" player another chance.

6. Intermix Ratio
[1E-Evt] [Ref] Seeds or Plays on table. If a player is scoring a full win without having at least as much mission points (or borg objective points) as bonus points, once per game, per player that player needs to score points again to win the game.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i believe this is kind of a dreamcard topic and the wording is slightly off. i think its definitely worth to explore which cards can be reworked as catch up mechanic.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
In general, I think the [Ref] cards excluded from OTF should remain permabanned. They can't ever be errata'd, because Open Format still relies on them.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:56 pm In general, I think the [Ref] cards excluded from OTF should remain permabanned. They can't ever be errata'd, because Open Format still relies on them.
I realize where you are getting from. personaly i´d love 0 banns for OTF. Even with a solution to raise the stakes. Then Open and OTF would actually be different and open would be the extrem cheesy environment. If Open is just OTF with the requirement to use Refs, i´dont´t know.

edit: Question: Is Open = Traditional + 2e BC?
Because then i´d say yeah leave it that way because its the old way people know.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Technically, you could argue Raise the Stakes is already solved.
Your opponent must forfeit the game OR agree the eventual winner may randomly select and keep one card from loser's 60-card deck. (Cumulative.)
Unless one or both players is playing with a deck of precisely 60 cards, then the card may as well read "Your opponent must forfeit the game OR nothing happens."

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Horgahn: I like it. It is a possibility to deal with first turn problematic.

Fair Play: Protecting a high point mission from being stolen? That is a no for me. High points should bear a high risk.

General Quarters: Well this is a philosophic question. More play engines have been developped, more methods for draws as well. Do we want to slow down a little or are we satisfied with game speed the way it is today? That is a question probably everyone has to answer for themselves.

Genetronic Replicator: Haven't checked the dilemmas really effected by this.Barclay's and Chrystaline Entity come to my mind first. Yeah. _Probably worth it. Many forget Extraordinary Methods from DS9 which is actually pretty good against killers like Misinterpreted or Rules or M-19 creature. Not sure if that Replicator can compete with that.

You are a Monument: This is an idea I like. I am not a friend of Homestead or Quadrant Solitaire.

Intermix Ratio: Not sure if I read this right. Fmpov this is already covered in OTF rules.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:46 pm I quite like the idea of Horga'hn as an explicitly come-from-behind card.
My battle decks like this if they dont kll you right away, they get time to come win

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
the game currently has no mechanism to determine who started first or second, so probably all those ideas wont work as of now, tribunal is the only card that does something in that regard and it checks the first turn
At the start of the first turn, if it is not your turn, you may download a [Ref] card.
so in order to make horgahn work, first it needs a errata to once per game take a double turn (because why not)
and a second card:
At the start of the first turn, if it is not your turn, download and seed horgahn from outside the game at one of your missions showing 35 points or less, ignore dead end there.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
thoughing in some new erratas (while no longer touching [Ref] cards)

6. [Art] Tox Uthat
Seeds only on Risa. Plays on table as an event. On a subsequent turn, you may play Supernova on any mission without a facility or corresponding time location in play. If Supernova played this way ships may relocate to an adjecent location, remove Artifact from game.

Info: Only the Bashir Supernova was mentioned to be able to destroy a fleet. In Generations moving away using a ship is possible. After all supernovas normaly expand lower then light speed, which is below warp 1.

7. [Neu] Terraforming Station
Seeds on any non-homeworld planet mission you alone seeded. If 4 missions of any player solved or scouted, change mission requirements.

8. [Tac] Breen disruptor Burst
Attack 0, Defense 0, Attack Bonus +3 if you have a Breen ship firing. Hit = [Down] [Flip]. Direct hit = [Down] [Flip][Flip][Flip].
[remove the killing of a personal]
Attribute enhancements offline
RANGE-2, WEAPONS -2, SHIElDS -2, Hull -30%

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
9. [1E-Int] All threes
Plays trice per game. Reveal 3 cards. Opponents chooses one to be placed in your hand (your choice if your Sherlock Holmes in play)

10. [NA] Sherlock Holmes
At start of each of your turns, if you have less points then opponent, have sherlock at a mission opponent seeded and fewer cards in hand, stopp Sherlock Holmes to may draw one card.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]