This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
cf could just flat limit SD to twice per turn without the overload.
when it comes to SD in general, i grew on it and like it as a tactical choice. The rules on it are absolutely nightmarish and i remember how weird it was when i was still learning the basics. I still think it should work at interrupt speed.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Do you always play with Tribunal of Q, Q the Referee, and/or Ref Cards in your Tent or Civil War Tent? no
Do you only bring them to "more competitive" events? I just put them in decks where I'm not planning to attempt with small teams and don't need in deck Q Tent's.
Do you pine for a world where you get seed slot(s) back? Some affiliations really need them, but it will just give decks that currently don't need them the opportunity to stock more trouble for the decks that need them so it's probably a wash.
Do you like the Rock/Scissors aspect of Ref Cards and Silver Bullets? I think I like better the idea of stocking the cards directly in deck (or seeding them). If someone wants to run a nerfing card then that should be a calculated decision not just a freebie.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I like making my decks as efficient as possible, so I like to use Qs Tent for storing my DLable cards that I don't want to clog up my hand, like Events, Objectives, Incidents, etc. Personnel/Interrupts are fine.

I like having the ability to use the [Ref] cards per game, even if its simply to use Defend Homeworld, Strategema, Scorched Hand, Villagers, and Obelisk. I typically want access to those 5 cards at minimum. Mirror Image is okay, but I'm fine removing the [Ref] icon on that one. Handshake is more abusive IMO and I'd like KFC to return to more playable. So with that, I play Tribunal/QtR to have access to all of those.

At that point, my Tent is more efficient by running QT:CW. I'd like to be able to redshirt, but no biggies. Attempting with minimum 4 people is probably wiser anyways and in my decks, I spit out enough personnel anyways.

That's why I enjoy OTSD tournaments from time to time to just be able to run a sealed deck tournament and have fun with the loose rules b/c my opponent has to deal with them too.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Do you always play with Tribunal of Q, Q the Referee, and/or Ref Cards in your Tent or Civil War Tent?
No, not always. But I would always if I had the seed room
Do you only bring them to "more competitive" events?
I haven't played one in 20 years, but I will be, yes. They are just too valuable for an unknown player pool.
Do you pine for a world where you get seed slot(s) back?Aformentioned, yes. Yes I do.
Do you like the Rock/Scissors aspect of Ref Cards and Silver Bullets?No. I feel that the overpowered card or strategy should be dealt with in the game rather than simply providing a card that I have to play because of it.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
stressedoutatumc wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:51 pm No. I feel that the overpowered card or strategy should be dealt with in the game rather than simply providing a card that I have to play because of it.
Scan cylce check is kind of a must have to to that dilemma it nullifes. maybe that dilemma could be weakend a bit?
Question for noob

Bareil lets me download any equipment card; do I h[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]