This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Hey everyone,

Hoss-Drone here with another star trek 1e video. This is the first of hopefully several videos to come where I play casual games of 1e in a friendly, helpful, somewhat learning environment where we talk strategy and such as we play. There will be some minor snafu's that come up as these are not super competitive. So there might be minor deck errors (as we discovered in this video - thats what happens when you last second d/l the deck from deckbuilder and you forgot to finish saving the last changes you made lol) or some play mistakes that we allow take backs on (again, this is a casual environment) and a lot of grace is gonna be given regarding game state questions or strategy questions that would not normally be allowed in a tournament setting. Set your expectations accordingly - ie: comments below pointing them out will not be considered helpful because they dont matter. :)

However, suggestions for ideas for improving the videos or decks you would like to see in the future will be welcome suggestions! :)

Here's the link to the video on youtube:

https://youtu.be/BUId-msUPlE

Here's the link to the deck I play in this video:

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... a5fe5017c7

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I watched the video, first game I could watch in a VERY long time thanks!!!

I got one question though... you drawed for the Prophets temple even if I had DS9 and several ship docked to it.

The card allow drawing "unless weapons >9 at baj wormhole " and doesn't specify "usable weapons "

So Doesn't the weapons present prevents your paradise draw?

Also does Stagng grounds overrate the "non report" statement of docking pylons???

As I said I haven't played in a lot... si I might be a bit rusted...
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Ivofounder wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:32 pmI got one question though... you drawed for the Prophets temple even if I had DS9 and several ship docked to it.

The card allow drawing "unless weapons >9 at baj wormhole " and doesn't specify "usable weapons "

Also does Stagng grounds overrate the "non report" statement of docking pylons???

I haven't had a chance to watch yet, but Trust the Prophets allows you to ignore DS9's weapons and the weapons of ships docked with it for The Celestial Temple.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Ivofounder wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:32 pm I watched the video, first game I could watch in a VERY long time thanks!!!

I got one question though... you drawed for the Prophets temple even if I had DS9 and several ship docked to it.

Thanks for watching!

Trust prophets overrides the normal temple restriction.

Staging grounds is allowing the report to anywhere "here" so that means anywhere that the pylons are...I just choose docked so that I can use the prophets ignore and also to hedge against Josh all the sudden battling a ship.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ivofounder wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:12 pmIt really made my day and convinced me to try playing again!!!!!!
Please do, Ivo!
I've heard that there maybe another "beginners' " tournament organized in the beginning of May, on a Saturday... You'd be very welcome! (And balanced decks would be provided; no need to worry about those.)
8)

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:07 pm
Ivofounder wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:32 pm I watched the video, first game I could watch in a VERY long time thanks!!!

Thanks for watching!

Trust prophets overrides the normal temple restriction.

Staging grounds is allowing the report to anywhere "here" so that means anywhere that the pylons are...I just choose docked so that I can use the prophets ignore and also to hedge against Josh all the sudden battling a ship.
You have to report your ships docked at the Plylons.... you can't just drop them anywhere at the location.

here

An ability that takes place "here" (or "there") can be anywhere at that spaceline or time location (on the planet, aboard a ship in orbit, on a facility).

There is one exception: on a site card, facility card, or card that plays on a facility or site, "here" means present with that card.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Correct me if I am wrong, but in order for your opponent to [Down] using Disgraceful Assault, doesn't that opponent have to seed a Battle Bridge Door? I see Kevin started with 14 cards in the Battle Bridge Pile in Lackey, but he only seeded a Q's Tent and not seed the Battle Bridge Door so those tactics should be inaccessible.

2 minutes later he corrects himself in the video.

Side note, 105 minutes is 1 hour and 45 minutes, not 75 minutes which is 1 hour and 15 minutes.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation