This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Breen CRM114
2 questions:

First can it report aboard Breen Warship?

Second
It says Once each turn, this Away Team....

So my away team say... Toth Gor fires upon a landed ship here, and THIS away team cannot do it again this turn.

But then, in this turn, another away team arrive (beems off my ship in orbit)... say Founder Leader... can THAT away team use BCRM114 on this turn??

I think the idea is that Once each turn, this Away Team YOUR CARDS MAY...
But the wording is imprecise...
Last edited by Ivofounder on Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ivofounder wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:43 pm Breen CRM114
First can it report aboard Breen Warship?
No, not as such. I strongly believe the wording "a Breen", "a Klingon", etc. to refer to personnel. (In the case of the Klingon, of a certain species OR affiliation; however 'Breen' is not -- yet? -- an affiliation.)
If it was about a ship, it would mention the word, 'ship'.
If both ships and personnel were meant, it might have said something like, 'may report to where your Breen cards are present'. Or some such.
Toth Gor forest [fires? :P ] upon a landed ship here, and THIS away team cannot do it again this turn.

But then, in this turn, another away team arrive (beems off my ship in orbit)... say Founder Leader... can THAT away team use BCRM114 on this turn??
No. The wording is as precise as it needs to be. Because you can, under normal -- and desired -- circumstances, never have more than 1 'healthy and/or active' AT (away team) on the surface of a planet (nor elsewhere).
Stopped personnel, e.g., form a second AT; but all unstopped personnel at a certain location will merge into one single away team immediately. You cannot control that. So the Founder in your example will join the AT with the cannon, and THAT AT cannot use it to wreak havoc anymore.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
If there is a breen aboard the ship it could report there.
Don't think the ship or weapon count as "Breen".

I'd say the equipment is stopped with the first attack.
https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_rulebook/#BATTLE
Rulebook wrote:6. Resolution: At the end of the personnel battle, all mortally wounded cards die. The casualty dies. Stunned cards become unstunned. Survivors of the battle are stopped.
https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_rulebook/#STOPPED
Rulebook wrote:Equipment carried by a crew or Away Team are stopped if the entire crew or Away Team is stopped (whether by battle, failure to overcome a dilemma, or other means).

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I agree with @eberlems also. :thumbsup: I think Eberlems and I both raise valid issues that apply to your 2nd question. (The first, we gave the same answer to.)

So for 2 reasons the gun can't be shot anymore; the away team is stopped from the battle; and the card itself says that "this" At cannot shoot it again, and "this AT" applies to anyone you'd send down, since they join the original AT.
Last edited by SudenKapala on Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ivofounder wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:39 pm so the [Equ] gets stopped after the first battle... too bad...
I was just thinking about that... The Breen Gun says it can be used at start of battle; and/or attack something. The targets are different for both those sentences. They are two wholly different uses of the same device. And I am wondering whether "attack" constitutes a situation -- i.e., battle -- which would stop the AT. I think now, it doesn't. (The battle does, of course -- that's very clear from the battle rules. But 'attack' is not the same game term as 'battle'.)

If they had been the same thing, the phrase that indicates that it cannot be used again ('once each turn'), would not have been necessary... so that leads me to think that the 'attack' might not stop the away team...
Perhaps this is elaborated upon in the glossy (glossary :wink: ) under "battle" and/or "attack"?

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
May I point out that the once each turn only applies to the attack a landed ship or planet facility? If you want to blow up rogue Borg, somehow unstop your AT or ship/crew and blow up more rogue Borg, have fun. But you can only damage one ship or facility per turn.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ivofounder wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:37 am My bad sorry.
Well, I also didn't consult the Glossary. Because for the most part, I thought the card was pretty self-explanatory... (I just wonder if I was right about 'attack'.) You'll find this out for most cards, soon enough!

They are often quite logical, after you've thought about it for a while and after you've gotten used to the particular peculiarities of STCCG wording. (There is a method to the mayhem. You'll get it.)

But as Flames pointed out, it also never hurts to double check the Glossy, though. :wink: There will always be cards that seem logical and simple, but there's a catch...

Just never hesitate to ask questions here, if you don't understand something. :thumbsup:

:cheersL:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation