This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I feel like a this time there is no reason to have a [Ref] icon on some cards:

Oof! - Instant access to this card has made Kevin and Amanda pretty much extinct. I think as a non [Ref] card the threat of this still exists enough to discourage massive use of Kevin and Amanda while allowing them to be used at least a little bit for things like the possibly problematic Lower Decks (Kevin and Amanda even might still not see play because Lower Decks can be protected by Ready Room Door)

Mirror Image - None of the cards targeted by this are much of a concern. "Draw 3" isn't a big deal and most factions can do it easily. Traveler sees little play, and Red Alert is banned and nerfed by other cards and a non-issue.

Scorched Hand - I think this card becomes worthless if it loses the [Ref] icon but I don't think it has a meaningful effect on the game other than to be an annoyance to certain deck strategies that aren't that competitive anyway. The best decks right now are playing their cards fast not holding 30 cards in hand.

I am realizing that the argument for leaving these will be a need to support Open but I feel like OTF should be the priority. Open is rife with abusive strategies regardless of [Ref] cards and I think that removal of the [Ref] icon from the above cards is better for OTF in the long run.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation