This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Hey everyone,

Hoss-Drone here with another star trek 1e video. This is the second video where I play casual games of 1e in a friendly, helpful, somewhat learning environment where we talk strategy and such as we play. There will be some minor snafu's that come up as these are not super competitive. So there might be minor deck errors (as we discovered in this video - thats what happens when you last second d/l the deck from deckbuilder and you forgot to finish saving the last changes you made lol) or some play mistakes that we allow take backs on (again, this is a casual environment) and a lot of grace is gonna be given regarding game state questions or strategy questions that would not normally be allowed in a tournament setting. Set your expectations accordingly - ie: comments below pointing them out will not be considered helpful because they dont matter. :)

However, suggestions for ideas for improving the videos or decks you would like to see in the future will be welcome suggestions! :)

Here's the link to the video on youtube:

https://youtu.be/Gh49Fv76jrI

Here's the link to the deck that i play:

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... 2d396b8321

Thanks to Julius Melhardt for joining us and providing some additional commentary!

By Hobie (Robert Petersen)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Thank you Big Kev (Coach K) for posting the video of the game. Took me a while to finally get around to watching it, but it was 2 hours very well spent. :)
Always fun to see 2 heavyweights pounding their heads against dilemmas in a true battle of attrition. I did see 1 rules error that very likely cost Kev the game (hint: Read all the text on Q's Tent: Civil War ;))as he would have solved his second mission a couple turns before Kris won it.

Looking forward to watching the more recent videos when I can and all the continued great work you do!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Hobie wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:15 am Thank you Big Kev (Coach K) for posting the video of the game. Took me a while to finally get around to watching it, but it was 2 hours very well spent. :)
Always fun to see 2 heavyweights pounding their heads against dilemmas in a true battle of attrition. I did see 1 rules error that very likely cost Kev the game (hint: Read all the text on Q's Tent: Civil War ;))as he would have solved his second mission a couple turns before Kris won it.

Looking forward to watching the more recent videos when I can and all the continued great work you do!
We talked about it later, I was supposed to send founder leader with that team but didn't bc *shrug*. Def the mistake that cost the game and was a rules/play error to boot. I'm definitely covid rusty which is why these games are important on that level as well.

Glad you enjoyed the game.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]