This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:10 am Also, this is kinda the whole *point* of personas mechanically - you can have multiple versions of a personnel that don't cover every use.
Right, but you're also banging the "NO MORE FEDS" drum loudly and often. If we just errata the old cards to function the way we expect them to, then I can be happy because cards work the way we (I) want them to, and you can be happy because there's more room in sets for non-blue cards. Because, let's face it, most of the offending cards are blue.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:57 am
AllenGould wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:10 am Also, this is kinda the whole *point* of personas mechanically - you can have multiple versions of a personnel that don't cover every use.
Right, but you're also banging the "NO MORE FEDS" drum loudly and often. If we just errata the old cards to function the way we expect them to, then I can be happy because cards work the way we (I) want them to, and you can be happy because there's more room in sets for non-blue cards. Because, let's face it, most of the offending cards are blue.
A counterpoint - if we errata (say) Data to cover every plot point over seven seasons and four movies, then it doesn't physically fit on the card.

Another counterpoint - I usually see this brought up as "flavor", but would you care that the good versions were or weren't romantic partners if card draws weren't involved? :)
 -  
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:05 am
edgeofhearing wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:57 am
A counterpoint - if we errata (say) Data to cover every plot point over seven seasons and four movies, then it doesn't physically fit on the card.

Another counterpoint - I usually see this brought up as "flavor", but would you care that the good versions were or weren't romantic partners if card draws weren't involved? :)
We can both be happy! Let us both be happy!

Anyways, most of the issues aren't on mains. They're on the secondary characters who reference the mains. No one is asking for the mains to have 6 foot lore boxes. No one is asking for the mains to represent all version of that person. We can get new versions of TNG mains but I, just like you, have absolutely zero interest in that. Just errata the existing-but-awkwardly-worded references on John Doe, Soren, Ba'el, etc.

By patrick (Patrick Weijers)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ba'el: Lieutenant Worf
Dr. Soong: Juliana (Tainer)
Grilka: Quark, Son of Keldar (just a comma)
Jenna D'Sora: Lt. Commander Data
John Doe: Dr. Crusher
K'Ehleyr: Lieutenant Worf
K'chiQ: Lieutenant Worf (Does this one even count?)
Miles O'Brien: Keiko (O'Brien)
Neela Daren: Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Sarek: Amanda (Grayson)
Soren: Commander William T. Riker
Vash: Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Did I miss any?
 -  
Community Contributor
patrick wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:39 pm Ba'el: Lieutenant Worf
Dr. Soong: Juliana (Tainer)
Grilka: Quark, Son of Keldar (just a comma)
Jenna D'Sora: Lt. Commander Data
John Doe: Dr. Crusher
K'Ehleyr: Lieutenant Worf
K'chiQ: Lieutenant Worf (Does this one even count?)
Neela Daren: Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Sarek: Amanda (Grayson)
Soren: Commander William T. Riker
Vash: Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Did I miss any?
Kareel Odan: Dr. Beverly Crusher
Ian Andrew Troi: Lwaxana

Looks like the ships and commanders are all set.
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]