This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hi, Everyone,

Starting next week, a friend of mine from high school who has returned to the game, James Church (jcchurch on the boards) and I are going to start recording our Lackey games. James has been away from the game for almost 15 years and I have recently gotten back into playing 1E so both of us are relearning the game and all the cards the CC has produced. My name is Joshua Camper (Tyberius_Deangelo on the boards).

We are calling our video series The C-in-C. We wanted a name that would be based loosely on ours (Church and Camper) and we wanted it to tie into Star Trek since we are going to play 1E, so we decided on the opening of Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country where Kirk and company attended a meeting with the C-in-C of Starfleet. That is how the name of our video series came about.

Like [Coach] Kevin's video series, ours is going to be casual play where if we make mistakes it is not going to be a big deal. Our decks will not be "tournament worthy"....it will just be two old friends playing a friendly game of 1E. I can't speak for James, but I tend to build decks based on themes that interest me. For example in the comin weeks, I plan on building decks based on the movie Star Trek Generations and I am working on a deck based on the Star Trek: Voyager relaunch novels after Voyager returned to the Alpha Quadrant.

James and I are hoping next week to start streaming/recording our games - possibly on Thursday, April 29. We will post a link if anyone wishes to join us live.
Last edited by Tyberius_Deangelo on Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
I sent you a private message. Respond back when you can.

The Dojo is very excited about this and always ready to support one of its own however we can!

TK
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:01 pm Hi, Everyone,

Starting next week, a friend of mine from high school who has returned to the game, James Church (jcchurch on the boards) and I are going to start recording our Lackey games. James has been away from the game for almost 15 years and I have recently gotten back into playing 1E so both of us are relearning the game and all the cards the CC has produced. My name is Joshua Camper (Tyberius_Deangelo on the boards).

We are calling our video series The C-in-C. We wanted a name that would be based loosely on ours (Church and Camper) and we wanted it to tie into Star Trek since we are going to play 1E, so we decided on the opening of Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country where Kirk and company attended a meeting with the C-in-C of Starfleet. That is how the name of our video series came about.

Like [Coach] Kevin's video series, ours is going to be casual play where if we make mistakes it is not going to be a big deal. Our decks will not be "tournament worthy"....it will just be two old friends playing a friendly game of 1E. I can't speak for James, but I tend to build decks based on themes that interest me. For example in the comin weeks, I plan on building decks based on the movie Star Trek Generations and I am working on a deck based on the Star Trek: Voyager relaunch novels after Voyager returned to the Alpha Quadrant.

James and I are hoping next week to start streaming/recording our games - possibly on Thursday, April 29. We will post a link if anyone wishes to join us live.
I love it. All of it. By chance, would you be willing to let the CC post C-in-C videos to our You Tube channel? Any content is good content, and it might help others that are in the same spot as you both - coming back to the game from some amount of time away. Thanks in advance!

By jcchurch
 -  
Hi all! I'm James Church. Josh and I first started playing Star Trek CCG in high school and we are getting back into the game decades later. We've already played a couple of games over Lackey and we've decided to stream the games over Twitch.

Here's my Twitch account. I mostly stream retro and indie video games, so I usually have a small audience. We will try to post the videos to my YouTube channel when this is over.

http://twitch.tv/jcchurch

[NemR] Our first game will be next Thursday, April 29 at 7pm in Central Time Zone (Friday, April 30 at 12 midnight GMT). [NemL]

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
jcchurch wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:30 pm Hi all! I'm James Church. Josh and I first started playing Star Trek CCG in high school and we are getting back into the game decades later. We've already played a couple of games over Lackey and we've decided to stream the games over Twitch.

Here's my Twitch account. I mostly stream retro and indie video games, so I usually have a small audience. We will try to post the videos to my YouTube channel when this is over.

http://twitch.tv/jcchurch

[NemR] Our first game will be next Thursday, April 29 at 7pm in Central Time Zone (Friday, April 30 at 12 midnight GMT). [NemL]
Just a friendly reminder that James and I will be attempting our very first live stream of playing Star Trek 1E tonight. We have no idea how our decks are going to preform. If anyone does decide to watch us live, please remember that we are both coming back into the game after some time away, so we are still working on trying to remember how the game plays. James and I are going to play a casual game, with commentary, maybe some jokes here and there (maybe some adult oriented depending on how the game unfolds!). We hope to hear from a few of you!

By patrick (Patrick Weijers)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jcchurch wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:30 pm [NemR] Our first game will be next Thursday, April 29 at 7pm in Central Time Zone (Friday, April 30 at 12 midnight GMT). [NemL]
In case anyone else was wondering: This is 02:00 in "most of Europe"-time.

I'm going to be asleep then. I'm not familiar with twitch. Will the video be viewable under "Recent broadcasts" later?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:47 am I think we are going to try and provide the CC with a recording of our game for its website. I am technology-stupid in most things, so James is the guy I am depending on to make it available for the CC.
If you send me the recording, I can easily upload to our YouTube site.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
jcchurch wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:34 pm Hi everyone! I don't post often, but I lurk!

Josh and I had a good game tonight. We had to bend the rules a little after God blew up my USS Enterprise. :?

Anyway, if you'd like to watch our game, here's the YouTube link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqBXDIVHh7g
We also did have some rules issues in this game with Temporal Benefactor and with shuttlecrafts. When we play again, those won't be a problem.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]