This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Ausgang (Gerald Sieber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I've wanted to create some video content for a long time, and after I recorded some matches in December I started to jump into it. After a lot of autodidactic learning, multiple revisions, lack of time and motivation etc. etc., I finally had the necessary capacity during the past two weeks to get to a point I am somewhat content with the result.

Today, April 23rd, the first release of a narrated gameplay video has gone public on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfxzwV8jXxg

My main goal was to provide content that can be consumed within a shorter time period. And I think this kind of content fills a sweet spot next to Coach Jaeger's Academy and the recently announced Relearning Star Trek, so there is slowly going to be a decent variety of video content out there which caters to the different customs and needs within the STCCG community, and hopefully helps to attract more people for the game again. As someone recently said: More video content is better than none.

I am trying to do this on a weekly basis (Fridays, 7 am GMT), although I probably cannot keep up with that frequency in the early stages. The second video is already in the pipe, and I am working on the third one at the moment, but after that I need more source material. So, if you want to play a game with me and are fine with having it recorded, please reach out to me! Of course, you can also send me your own recording to have it reworked for the channel.

There are still a lot of issues with the videos, or maybe I am just too fussy, but I wanted to put it out before I clean every little thing, which would take forever. I am not going to outline everything here right now, but I already have a to-do-list for improvements.

Anyways, your feedback is very welcomed and appreciated!

Have fun!

Mod Edit [Boffo97]: Topic name changed at OP's request.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
I already have The Dojo synced up and ready for your next episode!

Thanks for doing this and thanks for being a member!

TK
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
May I recommend to The Powers That Be that these video series get added to the CC Podcasts page?

And then may I make the semi-radical suggestion that we link to the Podcasts page from somewhere on the homepage? (Possibly the bottom of the page where we link The Dojo and Section 31 and TrekAustralia?)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:40 pm May I recommend to The Powers That Be that these video series get added to the CC Podcasts page?

And then may I make the semi-radical suggestion that we link to the Podcasts page from somewhere on the homepage? (Possibly the bottom of the page where we link The Dojo and Section 31 and TrekAustralia?)
There's a CC Podcasts page?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
bosskamiura wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:35 am I already have The Dojo synced up and ready for your next episode!
I'm not quite sure what that means, but it sounds positive and thank you! :) :cheersL:

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ausgang wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:00 am I've wanted to create some video content for a long time, and after I recorded some matches in December I started to jump into it. After a lot of autodidactic learning, multiple revisions, lack of time and motivation etc. etc., I finally had the necessary capacity during the past two weeks to get to a point I am somewhat content with the result.

Today, April 23rd, the first release of a narrated gameplay video has gone public on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfxzwV8jXxg

My main goal was to provide content that can be consumed within a shorter time period. And I think this kind of content fills a sweet spot next to Coach Jaeger's Academy and the recently announced Relearning Star Trek, so there is slowly going to be a decent variety of video content out there which caters to the different customs and needs within the STCCG community, and hopefully helps to attract more people for the game again. As someone recently said: More video content is better than none.

I am trying to do this on a weekly basis (Fridays, 7 am GMT), although I probably cannot keep up with that frequency in the early stages. The second video is already in the pipe, and I am working on the third one at the moment, but after that I need more source material. So, if you want to play a game with me and are fine with having it recorded, please reach out to me! Of course, you can also send me your own recording to have it reworked for the channel.

There are still a lot of issues with the videos, or maybe I am just too fussy, but I wanted to put it out before I clean every little thing, which would take forever. I am not going to outline everything here right now, but I already have a to-do-list for improvements.

Anyways, your feedback is very welcomed and appreciated!

Have fun!
LOVE this. Keep it coming!

I can't wait until this is back in person and whatnot, but the content was easy to follow and a perfect example of something that the CC can use to teach the game.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
stressedoutatumc wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:44 pm LOVE this. Keep it coming!

I can't wait until this is back in person and whatnot, but the content was easy to follow and a perfect example of something that the CC can use to teach the game.
Thanks a lot! If this, on top of anything else, is helpful to players trying to catch up (like myself), then I've achieved my main goal.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ausgang wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:07 pm
stressedoutatumc wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:44 pm LOVE this. Keep it coming!

Thanks a lot! If this, on top of anything else, is helpful to players trying to catch up (like myself), then I've achieved my main goal.
Absolutely. When I came back to the game after like 18 years, the first thing I did was search out videos. To my dismay, there were hardly any that were any good.

This would have been exactly what I would have been looking for.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Round 2 is up, enjoy!

While I am at it, I've changed the title of the series and the whole channel. Is it possible to update this thread's title accordingly? @JeBuS, are you the right contact for this matter?

Also, I could use some help. The affiliation logos are in a very rough quality. Does anybody have higher quality/resolution at hands (preferably png, alternatively jpg)?

Thanks in advance!
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
For the title, you can ping the @Global moderators

For the affiliation icons, check out the 1E and 2E Affiliation HQs in the menu up top, below "Decks".

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
JeBuS wrote:For the title, you can ping the @Global moderators
I don't know if that was supposed to ping us, but it did not. At least not me.
Ausgang wrote:While I am at it, I've changed the title of the series and the whole channel. Is it possible to update this thread's title accordingly?
What precisely would you liked the title changed to?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Round 3 is up and it's even more Ancient Citadels. This is the final recording from the tournament, since I forgot to make one in Round 4, so next week there will be some change in program. I am continuously looking for recordings. If you want to support me, reach out to me for a (relaxed) game on lackey!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
The next video is now public! It's the first of probably many casual games. This time I am playing against my padawan and we are using the Coming of Age starters.

I did some significant updates. But I am still voicing my request for better affiliation icons. I've used the ones from the Affiliation HQ since the beginning but they are too small and low-res as you can now see vividly. Anyone helping me out on that front will earn an entry in the description and my deepest gratitude! :D

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
It's Friday, so here we go with a new round featuring Kaiser (Bajoran Raider Drops) playing against myself again (Cardassian Liberation Front).

I am playing around with ideas, how to get more different games onto the channel. Even I get a bit bored watching myself playing (and failing) in every single video.

Are there any of you playing on Lackey willing to have me record your match in spectator mode? Is there even a functioning spectator mode?
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]