This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
So, what does one of my personnel with a Transport Inhibitor prevent if I were, say, on my opponent's planet mission? The card says it prevents beaming to "this equipment", but that can't imply the entire planet, correct?

Can my opponent still beam to the planet and walk to my away team with the Transport Inhibitor? Seems the answer is yes, but I wanted to check with y'all first.

Thanks!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
No, it means they can't beam down. Your Trans Inhibitor is powered by a portable microfusion generator, and it crates a field big enough to emcompass all of the area where there's even a remotely interesting thing to see or do. And your opponent's teams are too lazy to walk so far...

Haha, that's how I like to conceptually explain things for myself. But it is true. The Inhibitor is present "on the planet", and opposing personnel can't beam to the surface then.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:50 pm No, it means they can't beam down. Your Trans Inhibitor is powered by a portable microfusion generator, and it crates a field big enough to emcompass all of the area where there's even a remotely interesting thing to see or do. And your opponent's teams are too lazy to walk so far...

Haha, that's how I like to conceptually explain things for myself. But it is true. The Inhibitor is present "on the planet", and opposing personnel can't beam to the surface then.
So the only way to get personnel down at that point would be to land them or somehow kill the person holding the TI?
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
SudenKapala wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:58 pm
stressedoutatumc wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:54 pmSo the only way to get personnel down at that point would be to land them or somehow kill the person holding the TI?
Good ideas, yes. Or drop something like 'ruptor overload
Which ruptor overload? Dis ruptor overload! Dis one right 'ere.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:58 pm
SudenKapala wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:58 pm
stressedoutatumc wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:54 pmSo the only way to get personnel down at that point would be to land them or somehow kill the person holding the TI?
Good ideas, yes. Or drop something like 'ruptor overload
Which ruptor overload? Dis ruptor overload! Dis one right 'ere.
Ah yes. Option 3. I like option 3.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
(I just love that whatever you type must be perfectly spelled -- but it doesn't have to be the whole title. :thumbsup: And I also love that you can use mission locations, and drone tasks, to use the card1 tag... nice work. :thumbsup: )

tactic dro > mah man!
ndoria > cold but pretty rings.

Yep. Some small things make me a little happier.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
stressedoutatumc wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:45 pm but that can't imply the entire planet, correct?
Remember that Trek planets are really small. (Or if you prefer, there's only one interesting place on the planet so if you can't beam there, it's not worth beaming down at all.)

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
You can still invasively transport to a landed ship or planet facility, then walk out, right?

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:11 pm You can still invasively transport to a landed ship or planet facility, then walk out, right?
Maybe?

The glossary says you can invasive beam to landed ship... what I'm wondering is if your opponent has a landed ship, and you invasive beam onto it, can you walk out of that ship and onto the planet? Obviously if it is your own ship, you can walk out.
Question for noob

To his location (but anywhere at that location - p[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]