This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Why did Q's Planet get banned in OTF again? Is it because it's too easy of a planet mission to complete for the rule of 1 planet/1 space?

Because that was another way to earn artifacts a little easier that's gone.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
boromirofborg wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:30 pm Why did Q's Planet get banned in OTF again? Is it because it's too easy of a planet mission to complete for the rule of 1 planet/1 space?

Because that was another way to earn artifacts a little easier that's gone.
I think the main reason it was banned is that it potentially makes the game longer. There's a document of why things were banned already out there I think under the utilities pinned post.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I think it is ease of artifact/bonus point acquisition.
Also in the modern game, it could be an easy way for an all-space deck to only need 100 points.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
boromirofborg wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:30 pm Why did Q's Planet get banned in OTF again? Is it because it's too easy of a planet mission to complete for the rule of 1 planet/1 space?
-Easy artifacts or other self-seeds. (You are right that this would be a way to make it easier to earn under-used artifacts... the problem is that it also makes it easier to earn the super-powerful ones, which doesn't help the weak ones see play.)
-Easy planet mission
-If it can't be stolen (OTF or Fair Play in Open) then one player unilaterally controls the winning score.
-Makes point loss decks that much more painful. I once played a Hero of the Empire/Destroy Radioactive Garbage Scow deck that seeded Edo Probes and The Higher... the Fewer everywhere; people would solve a mission and only net like 5-10 points. Q's Planet made it game over.
-Q-type Android was also a far stronger card than most gave it credit for.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Rachmaninoff wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:41 pm
-Q-type Android was also a far stronger card than most gave it credit for.
I mean, I ran it in my 2000 Worlds deck, so it wasn't underrated by everyone... :shifty:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]