This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Any artifacts encountered after the first that you seeded are mis seeds.

Should this rule be eliminated from the rulebook? Anything you can think of that gets broke if it is?

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I´d love to boost the "non-important" artifacts, like having randomly 3 of them be seeded somewhere for 1 seed slot.
And having the more powerfull one being restricted to the planets they where found.

When it comes to your idea of seeding multiples on one location... well depends... if 2 strong artifacts are on 2 missions each, and maybe some got unbanned and maybe some play 6 planets (like in the ds9-themed where balancing act is not allowed...) hm. maybe. maybe not. To be on the save side i would design a seedcard that limits those unlimited seeds to "non-OP" artifacts. But what exactly that means is for desing, anyway. so those are just some :twocents:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I'm just wondering if this is an option to make all artifacts more useable.... They each cost a precious seed slot - would it be OP to be able to get any 2 of them from a single planet you attempt first weighed against the seed slots required?

By Ausgang (Gerald Sieber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I'd suspect that only the second-tier ones (rather the ones that slightly haven't made the cut before) will see more play then, but it's doubtful that all artifacts would benefit from this rule change.
Hoss-Drone wrote:They each cost a precious seed slot - would it be OP to be able to get any 2 of them from a single planet you attempt first weighed against the seed slots required?
I don't think so. An artifact being OP is (usually) inherent to the card, and less in relation to that rule, which probably only exists for thematic reasons (finding the one buried treasure). The way this could get broke, if there was a two-artifact-combo that swings the game completely out of scale.

In theory, it doesn't sound OP to me, especially since you can already combine some powerful objectives (like Collect Metaphasic Particles) with an artifact, which is basically equivalent to acquiring two artifacts.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Stealable missions become a lot more interesting if your "three card combo" is just Horga'hn + Gift Box + Orb. :)

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I actually had this convo with my playgroup not too long ago. Artifacts really don't seem very "worth it" anymore, tbh. The only ones we are playing are the ones that come as a download in some fashion.

Maybe a solution would be errating missions to make them download to seed-able. Or, to make them downloadable through objectives. Both have backing in the lore of the ST universe. Bottom line, unless Horgan is unbanned, I don't know what artifact is really worth a seed slot.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
What if we treat them like sites and you can seed x for free?

I'm thinking x will be a small number...
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
stressedoutatumc wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:05 pm I actually had this convo with my playgroup not too long ago. Artifacts really don't seem very "worth it" anymore, tbh. The only ones we are playing are the ones that come as a download in some fashion.

Maybe a solution would be errating missions to make them download to seed-able. Or, to make them downloadable through objectives. Both have backing in the lore of the ST universe. Bottom line, unless Horgan is unbanned, I don't know what artifact is really worth a seed slot.
How about an Objective that says something along the lines of:
[Obj] Archaeological Expedition
Seeds on table. When you complete a mission without earning any artifacts, you may download an artifact (as if earned) which could be seeded there.
Takes the "cost" of using artifacts away. (Well, still 1 seed for the objective, but additional artifacts are free.) Lots more room for text, if you come up with something troubling that needs a limiter.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
stressedoutatumc wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:05 pm I actually had this convo with my playgroup not too long ago. Artifacts really don't seem very "worth it" anymore, tbh. The only ones we are playing are the ones that come as a download in some fashion.

There are some I still consider very seedable yet... Starry night and blade of tkon for example (see my black hole decks).... But there are just too many that could be good with just a little help.

By patrick (Patrick Weijers)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:20 pm How about an Objective that says something along the lines of:
Seeds on table. When you complete a mission without earning any artifacts, you may download an artifact (as if earned) which could be seeded there.
Takes the "cost" of using artifacts away. (Well, still 1 seed for the objective, but additional artifacts are free.) Lots more room for text, if you come up with something troubling that needs a limiter.
I kinda like the idea, but I probably still wouldn't use it unless it provided a place to store the artifacts (Something like Dyson Sphere Door)

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
patrick wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:23 pm
JeBuS wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:20 pm How about an Objective that says something along the lines of:
I kinda like the idea, but I probably still wouldn't use it unless it provided a place to store the artifacts (Something like Dyson Sphere Door)
:thumbsup:
Nice ideas here.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Easy enough. Let's set the scene with an interior shot of the Krennim weapon ship with some of Annorax's collection.
[Door] Museum of Lost Histories
Place one atop Artifact side deck (13 different [Art] cards) during the seed phase. Artifact side deck is now open and in play. You may not seed [Art] cards. When you complete a mission, you may download an artifact from your Artifact side deck (as if earned). Your discarded [Art] are placed out-of-play.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Door] Memory Alpha
Seeds on table, download The Charybdis. Seed exactly 6 different [Art] under here, except Kurlan Naikos, Hogh´n and [Art] starting with "T". You may not seed [Art] or seed Insurrection. [Art] you download must come from here. Once per turn you may do so (ignoring [1E-AU] ) if you solve a [1E-P] mission (random selection) or your choice, if your 2 archeology present.
Question for noob

To his location (but anywhere at that location - p[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]