This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Hey everyone,

Hoss-Drone here with another star trek 1e video. This is the fifth video where I play casual games of 1e in a friendly, helpful, somewhat learning environment where we talk strategy and such as we play. There will be some minor snafu's that come up as these are not super competitive. So there might be minor deck errors (as we discovered in this video - thats what happens when you last second d/l the deck from deckbuilder and you forgot to finish saving the last changes you made lol) or some play mistakes that we allow take backs on (again, this is a casual environment) and a lot of grace is gonna be given regarding game state questions or strategy questions that would not normally be allowed in a tournament setting. Set your expectations accordingly

My decklist is visible in the video and will also be made public on the CC website.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
stressedoutatumc wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:58 am So, how was that download with preserver obelisk legal? You already had two personnel in play.
Whoops. Good catch. Just need to seed the outpost and the preserver before doing the time location seed then following up with the final frontier.

:thumbsup:

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:53 am
stressedoutatumc wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:58 am So, how was that download with preserver obelisk legal? You already had two personnel in play.
Whoops. Good catch. Just need to seed the outpost and the preserver before doing the time location seed then following up with the final frontier.

Like the deck and the videos; keep it up! As someone returning to the game and only playing in an isolated play group, I love watching the new slew of gameplay videos. They've helped my group learn a lot in a very short period of time.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
stressedoutatumc wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:49 am
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:53 am

Like the deck and the videos; keep it up! As someone returning to the game and only playing in an isolated play group, I love watching the new slew of gameplay videos. They've helped my group learn a lot in a very short period of time.

That just made my day. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheersR: :cheersR:

I.am trying to find the time do a full, from the ground up deck building video. Maybe this weekend hopefully. Each time I think I got the time, something comes up. Stay tuned.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Yes, I would love to see some "What makes <player>'s mind tick style videos. Like why did you include X and perhaps just as importantly why did you not include Y.

You could even deep dive and dissect some of your older tournament decks just so we can get some insight from top players. Heck if there are some old Youtube videos that both players are still around , maybe you could record a voice-over explaining why you made certain plays. Anything like that would be awesome to help bring up everybody's game-play.

By Ausgang (Gerald Sieber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I have some vague ideas about some collaborative content, if you are interested (?). At the moment I am tied up with balancing my workflow though, so I didn't come forward yet.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Ausgang wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:18 am I have some vague ideas about some collaborative content, if you are interested (?). At the moment I am tied up with balancing my workflow though, so I didn't come forward yet.
Could be fun. Lmk what you are thinking...
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]