This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Well, life time ratings should be kept and let those who are too coward to enter the scene keep them.

But how about a seperate season-rating each year and season? Like in tennis for the yearly masters? That would encourage online play and also be an incentive to host local tournaments, And at the end of the season top eight, sixteen or somewhat players play an online event at level 3 for championship of the year?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
And...? They mean nothing. I repeat myself. Let's establish a circuit.

And those sitting on their life-time ratings forever give them some incentives like byes or a seed system in tournaments.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:59 pm And...? They mean nothing.
None of the ratings or achievements or titles mean anything, beyond what meaning a player decide to attribute to them.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
None of the ratings or achievements or titles mean anything, beyond what meaning a player decide to attribute to them.
True. I just want people to play and a circuit would be an incentive for playing.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:42 pm Yearly ratings already exist:
https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... iewratings
I wish I hadn't seen those.
AllenGould wrote:
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:59 pm And...? They mean nothing.
I think what Seppel is trying to say... it would be great to have a separate/alternate system that takes into account who is playing ATM, and which penalizes people who have high ratings and pulled out (whether to protect them or not).
I think such a system might have merit, aside from the existing one. So, obvs, does Seppel -- he says, "Let them keep theirs, but let's give us ours".

I like that plan. Make IT sew.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Wait... Yearly Ratings? That link only shows me the standard ratings, no matter when you played. Players top-rated who have not played in years. Let those who do not even play once a year lose 100 points each year.
Let's do a circuit like in tennis for the yearly championship besides life-time rating.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:26 pm Wait... Yearly Ratings? That link only shows me the standard ratings, no matter when you played. Players top-rated who have not played in years.
Well, it took me a while to find it (but then it's obvs), but you can filter for 1E and for period. 2021 is not pretty. Don't scroll all the way down.
Let's do a circuit like in tennis for the yearly championship besides life-time rating.
Let's still do this. :thumbsup:
Let those who do not even play once a year lose 100 points each year.
Let's maybe do this, too. And also, do what someone recently suggested: make the lifetime maximum more prominent on the tourney results page.

"Cowards" who protect their rating should -- slowly? -- lose it. But they worked hard for their max rating; earned it; and they should have eternal bragging rights regarding their glorious, dusty, mouldering, hard-earned past.
Last edited by SudenKapala on Mon May 03, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:26 pm Wait... Yearly Ratings? That link only shows me the standard ratings, no matter when you played. Players top-rated who have not played in years. Let those who do not even play once a year lose 100 points each year.
You have to manually set the year to see the yearly ratings:
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
SudenKapala wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:29 pm
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:26 pm Wait... Yearly Ratings? That link only shows me the standard ratings, no matter when you played. Players top-rated who have not played in years. Let those who do not even play once a year lose 100 points each year.
Well, it took me a while to find it (but then it's obvs), but you can filter for 1E and for period. 2021 is not pretty. Don't scroll all the way down.
Don't feel bad. I still find features of this site I didn't know existed, and I have access to the code!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:32 pmDon't feel bad. I still find features of this site I didn't know existed, and I have access to the code!
Code is much harder to navigate, I reckon! :wink:

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:31 pm would encourage online play and also be an incentive to host local tournaments, And at the end of the season top eight, sixteen or somewhat players play an online event at level 3 for championship of the year?
Yeah stuff only means what it means to people some like archievements (i dont mind) some rating, some tournaments wins, some words, some love themeds etc.
I am all for the give everyone everything approach, just in case someone likes it.

A season and then a playoff? sounds nice. But i would not just do it for the top player. In germany we had a real live "Grand Prix". First everyone played regular rounds and then, there where finals each for:
- beginners
- intermediate
- advanced
- professional

so 4 finals and even those who just entered the tournament scene had a chance for a final (against an equal opponent) and the option to win a prize in each category.

categorys where determined before the tournament by the overall rating.

Something like that might be nice. Maybe an alternative for a not yet online worlds? a 1 year online league with 4 finals? Thoughts?

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:32 pm
SudenKapala wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:29 pm
Don't feel bad. I still find features of this site I didn't know existed, and I have access to the code!
What can I say, documentation has always been a weak point for me. ;-)
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
I’d suggest changing the drop-down to default to a 3-year rolling basis.
:twocents:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
KazonPADD wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:29 pm I’d suggest changing the drop-down to default to a 3-year rolling basis.
:twocents:
That’s an interesting idea!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]