This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hi folks,

It's Friday, and that means it's time for the Friday Question. This week, I've been busy managing several projects for First Edition outside of card design. In particular, I'm working on several new YouTube video projects and spearheading a reorganization of the 1E section of this very website. To help with the latter effort, I thought I'd use today's question to ask you what content you think trekcc.org/1e/ should feature.

What pieces of content do you want to see on the 1E section of our site?

Do you want to see more instructional pages? What would make that section of the site easier for you to use? How would you like to see it organized?

Thanks for taking the time to read, and please feel free to share your thoughts. Have a great weekend, get vaccinated if you can, and be safe out there.

-crp

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think some starter decks from the different eras of play could be useful. A PAQ era, a DS9-Blaze era, a TWT-Mirror era, and a Voyager-Borg Era. So the new kids can play with their old cards. Then we reel them in to playing with the Virtual Blocks associated with their collection.

We will, of course, need a Delta block for this to work properly...

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:09 pm I think some starter decks from the different eras of play could be useful. A PAQ era, a DS9-Blaze era, a TWT-Mirror era, and a Voyager-Borg Era. So the new kids can play with their old cards. Then we reel them in to playing with the Virtual Blocks associated with their collection.
This would be nice. :thumbsup: :wink:

Sadly, my Traditional decks are a jumble of various sets and eras. :neutral:
But -- as proposed before -- you can use my Premiere (single card) decks; and Maggie also made Premiere decks.

And if I finished all my other projects, I'd like to build two PAQ decks myself... One day... :roll:

But I hope people like @SOLlDSNACK and @StarFleetPrints (why can't I 'mention' them?) will also be sharing their decks...

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I would like to see a shift towards more articles with specific content. So we have stuff like:

Monday - Card of the week, a deep dive into one card.
(I wish this could be a daily feature but I understand that this is a volunteer organization and time and money is limited.)

Tuesday - Design talk
(here we discuss possible designs, why some cards where designed they way they are, Power level/creep, you name it! It'll fit here.)

Wednesday - We don't need no Rules!
(This is mostly for rules but anyone can write an articles about a rule that they misinterpreted. Or Rules that changed or even explaining rules and how they really works and not how people play them.)

Thursday - What goes into Art
(Here Art can talk about finding images, What they do to images that look amazing, or someone talks about their favourite piece of art or cards with a theme etc.)

Friday - Writing Lore-em ipsum
(Creative or anyone who wants to talk about older cards lore and names.)

Saturday - Tournament talk
(This is deckbuilding, interviews and talks about Tournaments. It's for OP mostly but anyone that want to talk about deck design for a specific tournament is welcome as well.)

Sunday - History of the game (
This can be about anything in the game, as told by someone from their perspective)

They do not have to come in this order ofcourse. But its a thing to set a watch to and show up to the site. It would be great for the game and for the community to be more engaged in actually writing for each other than just pouring character onto the forums. And if we need more incentives, just make each article written earn you achievements as well. And/OR points that are redeemable for cool promos.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation