This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:17 pm
DarkSabre wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:54 pm
Almost all my issues with the current state of 'changes' (Miracle Worker, Animal Classification, various proposed rules changes, whole portions of the ban list, etc) would go away if the CC would just admit they are breaking away from the Decipher First Edition and have created a new 1.5 Edition based solely on OTF. I know I'm not the only player who feels that way as well.
Are you telling me that if we had these rules changes but the OG seed phase rules with the ban list somewhere in the middle you would still be calling this 1.5e?

I don't think Scotty and the Animal rules are the issue here...
I mean if you are talking about non-OTF, but with some of these rules changes, and with a reasonable ban list & OG Seed Rules then that I don't think could be argued as a new edition. But that isn't what the CC promotes and it isn't how cards are designed anymore for the game. OTF is the only standard in town for the CC and that changes the entire dynamic of this game, the forums, and interactions with old players.

Someone like DISCO, who comes to these forums to vent about changes to the game could be completely curtailed if the CC just said 'hey OTF is really a different version of First Edition. We felt we needed to do XYZ in order to stop the heinous card abuses that dominated the end of life for First Edition and this is how we are doing it.'
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation