This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

-  
Launch Portal strikes me as something that would be most useful if it could be downloaded, as it allows you to evacuate your crew onto a shuttle or scout ship and it might be difficult to anticipate a situation in which that would be important, but the only way to download it (that I could find) is the Vulcan ship Ni'Var, which isn't going to be included in most decks.

I am curious if there is a way to grab Launch Portal when it is needed, because simply stocking it in your draw deck and hoping you have it in your hand when you need it seems like a big gamble and potentially a waste of a card.

If there is no way to download Launch Portal short of having the Ni'Var in play, I humbly suggest that it be made downloadable by a card that can be seeded (perhaps by issuing an errata for Emergency Evacuation).

Edited to add links
Last edited by qaplatoyou on Thu May 27, 2021 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
It still downloads you a free ship, so I wouldn’t consider it a wasted card, even if it isn’t in hand at the most fortuitous moment.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
qaplatoyou wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:24 am Launch Portal strikes me as something that would be most useful if it could be downloaded, as it allows you to evacuate your crew onto a shuttle or scout ship and it might be difficult to anticipate a situation in which that would be important, but the only way to download it (that I could find) is the Vulcan ship Ni'Var, which isn't going to be included in most decks.

I am curious if there is a way to grab Launch Portal when it is needed, because simply stocking it in your draw deck and hoping you have it in your hand when you need it seems like a big gamble and potentially a waste of a card.

If there is no way to download Launch Portal short of having the Ni'Var in play, I humbly suggest that it be made downloadable by a card that can be seeded (perhaps by issuing an errata for Emergency Evacuation).
Added 1e links for easier evaluation of @qaplatoyou's question. Welcome to the boards BTW.

-  
Thanks for the replies!

I have edited my original post (and the other one I made about Ops Module sites) to add links to the cards I referenced. I apologize for not doing so when I started the threads; it did not occur to me to do that and I did not see the button. I will try to remember in the future.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
qaplatoyou wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:27 am Thanks for the replies!

I have edited my original post (and the other one I made about Ops Module sites) to add links to the cards I referenced. I apologize for not doing so when I started the threads; it did not occur to me to do that and I did not see the button. I will try to remember in the future.
No worries. I am big supporter of linking cards as you can see from my signature. Generally though, linking them once per post is sufficient; usually the first time the card is mentioned. This is also the way Wikipedia does it too.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]