This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
no.
Q: whats the point in asking the people that still stick to all this, if there are happy?
if they werent to a certain extend, theydve left long ago.
A: you take it as justification to not change anything

cc still cooking in its own soup.

please dont respond to me, im just here on visit

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I like playing the game. I feel like I have lots of space to explore when building decks and lots of options available. I also enjoy the games themselves. I love my local group.

However, I do sometimes get frustrated with parts of the forum community and staff. I'll refer to those two groups collectively as The Community, because they're intertwined. The staff consists of the people who are most active on the forums, and the staff is also most responsive to the people on the forums.

So one thing that frustrates me about The Community is that it can't decide whether it wants a game where you take your favorite characters and throw them at missions, or a game where you have to think about what your opponent might be doing and plan/act accordingly, and it doesn't seem to understand that those two visions of the game are incompatible.

If you want a game where every faction is roughly equally viable, and where you don't have to worry about what your opponent is doing, then you're going end up with a game where "every game feels the same."

Another thing that frustrates me with The Community is how low a priority actual gameplay is. Pretty cards, collecting, and forum tomfoolery are fun and all, but the whole point of this is that there's a game to play, right? Even the new sets released are driven far more by thematic concerns than by gameplay concerns.

By Tosk
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm generally happy with the game but could also point out a few areas that could use improvement.

I exclusively play on Lackey (I don't own any physical cards, and don't know anyone in my neighborhood who would play a live game anyway). And I basically just play for fun, to try out game mechanics and see fun 'episodes' happen on the table. I am comfortable with the Lackey interface and love how easily new cards and expansions can be added to the card pool.

As for areas to improve:
-I would really enjoy cards that are useful for small niche groups or even specific characters. Cards like "Absolute Power" are good because they give more flavor to a group of cards like the Augments. "Combat Ready: Jury-Rig" is on the same level but also mentioning "Miracle Worker" makes me want to see even more powerful cards that can ONLY be played by a Miracle Worker, or Cantankerousness, even "Plays on your Kirk" (or Guinan, or Dax, or whichever unique personality you want to showcase).

-There are a lot of fun side-games to play within IE, but when I try to do something fun with them it almost always ends up wasting my time when I should have just been solving missions instead. Like I've successfully made Slar the new Emperor of the Terran Empire, but still lost the game. In the show these sort of objectives are the centerpiece of the episode, but it rarely feels like that in the game. More often, an event as big as assassinating Kirk with a tribble bomb is something that happens within the first five turns, totally unopposed and without a struggle, because the anti-Hero of the Empire cards like all of the [OS] DS9 crew are not exactly on hand when you need them to be.

-I'm always hoping to see more options for making YOUR Trek instead of recreating the Trek that we saw on TV. I love that I can make a "Mercenary Raiders" deck, I hate that "Stone-of-Gol related personnel" is a keyword I have to build it around. I'm hoping that the upcoming "Crime" block will move the game in the direction I am hoping to see. If I want to assemble a crack team of Vash, Harry Mudd, Quark and Tom Paris (as "The Driver") to pull off a heist, I would like to have that freedom and still have a shot at winning the game.

Just my opinions.

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1. Amount of themes/cards: Very happy
2. Balancing of Affiliations/themes: Better then in decipher times. but it seems the balancing of affiliations came to a dead end, not really moving forward anymore, sometimes even backwards.
3. Easy beginner deck amount: There are some could be always more
4. Entry decks/rules: Could be better. More different levels where guys with different experience levels can enter
5. Mentoring/promotion system: Could be better, should be started when 4 is established.
6. Amount of card plays vs. turns: Unhappy. Fewer plays/draws would suit my taste. More turns. The overall time should stay the same
7. Interactivity: solitair in case of different quadrants. Could be better. Also bonus points should be earned when interacting, not sitting at home launching the phoenix by simply reporting it to a headquarters.
8. downloads of X-targets. Too many cards that encourage many possible download targets and large decks. (AMS, Nors etc.)
9. Online vs. Offline. I love lackey and still play casual games with friends. If someone has people living with them, I agree with smiley to use real cards / printed cards. Lackey is in option to acquire former player who have no one in the region. it could still later lead to him acquiring more player in real life.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation