This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
It means that the card was converted from a backwards-compatible card first made in Second Edition. It signified that it functioned as an erratum to the backwards-compatible card in question, but with the removal of all backwards-compatible Second Edition cards from First Edition, as far as I know it now serves no purpose.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Yep! For a lot of years (when 2E cards were still considered part of 1E), the CC would issue "conversions" -- errata to 2E cards that put them on a 1E template, and often changed them a bit to make them play better in 1E as well. The conversions retained the little gray boxes to let you know that, "Hey, this used to be a 2E card, but it's on a 1E template now, so don't try and use it with the 2E version because this is errata to that!"

Now that 2E cards are not considered part of 1E anymore, the box no longer means anything.
Last edited by BCSWowbagger on Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: I was too slow.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I can't begin to imagine a tournament director even noticing, much less caring, that the conversion box was erased. I think you're good to go.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]