This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Borrz
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Would The Whale Probe followed by several copies of Dead in Bed to kill off key personnel be a good combo?

I don't see anything that specifically stops this and it seems like it could be rather strong

What are the downsides that I'm missing?
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
@sexecutioner had a deck that did this (and other stasis murdering not to long ago

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
yes, just remember draws are precious. Those DIB you are drawing are not other cards you could be playing immediately, and are not of much use to you until your opponent hits the Whale Probe.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:42 pm yes, just remember draws are precious. Those DIB you are drawing are not other cards you could be playing immediately, and are not of much use to you until your opponent hits the Whale Probe.
Also "red shipping" space missions is common, at least the first dilemma to try to get an idea of what is there or at least dilute the combo. This is also why Armus: Energy Field has made a slight resurgence.

Red Shipping = send 1 person on a disposable ship to try the mission first.

By Borrz
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Those are all great points! I need to keep in mind the cost of drawing all those DIB and make sure it doesn't put me too far behind

I should probably try and target a specific classification or skill to work with other dilemmas to lock my opponent out as best I can, I'm not too familiar with the best dilemmas but I always found Diplomacy was rare. Maybe something like [Dual] Shaka, When the Walls Fell

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
If you're going Diplomacy Denial, can't do much better than Faux Pas as your finishing wall. Keeps people like Sarek from clowning your Shaka by himself.

Of course if you're playing in OTF, you're limited to 2 copies of a dilemma in your seed deck, so Faux Pas x2 + Shaka (or The Clown: Guillotine) x2 + Gomtuu Shock Wave x2 could all be good.

Best of luck! :cheersL:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation