This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
[BO] Ok call me a n00b if you must, but I'm creating a Borg deck and dying to figure out how Montana Missile Complex and using a temporal doorway etc. works with the proper Objective (Assimilate Homeworld? Population 9B All Borg?) but in going through other messages, I wind up going down a rabbit hole and getting confused. Anyone have a straight-forward "here's how it ideally works"? Thanks!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Here's a Stop First Contact deck I won with a few years ago:

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... ckID=17735

Basically, you want to get a Fed Counterpart (Locutus of Borg, Data of Borg, or Assimilate Counterpart your opponent's [Fed] personnel.)

Next, you want to Scout Earth (Espionage Mission, since it's the Federation Homeworld) using Assimilate Homeworld.

Once you've cleared all of the dilemmas out from under Earth and end your turn, Scouting is Complete. On your next turn you want to get Stop First Contact into play (or reveal it if you already have it in play as a [HA] ), time travel your Borg back to Montana Missile Complex (Temporal Conduit seems to be the time travel mechanism of choice these days), flip SFC, and at the end of your turn, probe. If it's a [SCD] result, congratulations! You just stopped first contact! That gets you the 40 points from Assimilate Homeworld, and also allows you to reveal Population 9 Billion - All Borg and download a Borg Outpost and take over the Alpha Quadrant.

Now you still need to score 100 points to win despite the sheer awesomeness of what you just did, and in tournament play, you probably need to scout a [1E-S] mission as well. In my deck I used Establish Gateway, which gets doubled by P9BAB to 50 points. Then, to seal the win I would use Data of Borg's [DL] of Resistance is Futile when I successfully probed for Establish Gateway to get the last 10 points and finish off the two mission win.

Hopefully that brief overview helps. This decktype has a lot of moving parts, but it can be a real blast to play.

Good luck! :cheersL:
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Orb of Time, technically, but that's a big bad detour.

Pre-errata Q the Referee could help get Vortex out, if you're willing to just ignore a virtual-era errata.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation