This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I noticed Followers of the One has [WC] but no reference to [TNG] on cards played. If I wanted to use this with a non-Continuing Mission deck, since FotO doesn't seed, I can just download it with CM and "break" CM later, right, if I don't care about CM? I feel like I'm missing something lol

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Takket wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:20 pm I noticed Followers of the One has [WC] but no reference to [TNG] on cards played. If I wanted to use this with a non-Continuing Mission deck, since FotO doesn't seed, I can just download it with CM and "break" CM later, right, if I don't care about CM? I feel like I'm missing something lol
I believe it is one of, if not the only, [WC] card that you can get away with breaking Continuing Mission and it still working as written. All the others reference [TNG] in them.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
If I recall the release article correctly, Design did this deliberately. I was always surprised that didn't develop into a larger deck type, but the free plays were hard to make up for by back then, especially with War Council still banned.

FotO also bypasses quadrant restrictions.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Takket wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:20 pm I noticed Followers of the One has [WC] but no reference to [TNG] on cards played. If I wanted to use this with a non-Continuing Mission deck, since FotO doesn't seed, I can just download it with CM and "break" CM later, right, if I don't care about CM? I feel like I'm missing something lol

I'm actually working on doing this in a deck also. I might even make this a coach K video.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
It is.
I tried to 'boost' it by adding in some androids and a Hirogen to pick up the slack - didn't work. There was potential there though; I just didn't have time to do proper testing before the event.

Good luck!

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Iron Prime wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:40 am It is.
I tried to 'boost' it by adding in some androids and a Hirogen to pick up the slack - didn't work. There was potential there though; I just didn't have time to do proper testing before the event.

Good luck!
I did that ...

It actually works, but has several problems attached to it - mostly the rather bad draw / play flaw.

It is very strong, but extremely unforgiving ... and most of all: you need a very clear strategy how to proceed with the deck, before starting your first turn.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
New topic...

Also thinking about Free Orion Slaves for the free Orions plays in a War Council deck. Question is, how can I attempt Free Orion Slaves? War Council means I can't mix my aligned and non-aligned people. Only thing I can think of is playing Planet of Galactic Peace on the mission and including dual affiliation personnel like Tallera that can switch from [NA] to [1E-Rom] on the planet. (I believe Planet of Galactic peace overrides the War Council restriction, right?)

I'm aware Temporal Micro Wormhole can also make some aligned person compatible but I don't consider this a viable method because any opponent is just going to take the personnel out knowing that I can't solve the mission without them.

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:19 am New topic...

Also thinking about Free Orion Slaves for the free Orions plays in a War Council deck. Question is, how can I attempt Free Orion Slaves? War Council means I can't mix my aligned and non-aligned people. Only thing I can think of is playing Planet of Galactic Peace on the mission and including dual affiliation personnel like Tallera that can switch from [NA] to [1E-Rom] on the planet. (I believe Planet of Galactic peace overrides the War Council restriction, right?)

I'm aware Temporal Micro Wormhole can also make some aligned person compatible but I don't consider this a viable method because any opponent is just going to take the personnel out knowing that I can't solve the mission without them.
You could always just use the mission as a "Bluff mission". ie: you seed it for it's benefit and never actually plan on attempting it.

-James M
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation