This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I was financially challenged in 1995 (even more than I am now :lol: ); I had to have that book and traded some incomplete Wars action figures for it at my LGS.
I remember being disappointed from an in-game POV; the guide told me almost nothing our game group hadn't found out ourselves.
But I came to really appreciate it for those historic info chapters, from which those quotes are.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:44 pm Or maybe it's fifteen cards wihlth planet pictures that were forced into being space facilities.... :P :P
It's a fair point. It's rarely remembered now that, in Premiere, you were considered docked automatically the moment you arrived at the location. (This is why Spacedock, REM Fatigue Hallucinations, and so forth just say "return to outpost" instead of requiring you to dock.) Because of this "omnidocking," and the lack of walking rules, and the lack of things like Breen CRM 114 that cared about planet facilities... it was actually pretty ambiguous whether outposts were planet or space facilities (or, my preferred interpretation of Premiere rules: both!).

It is generally kind of weird which bizarre Premiere terms and rules have stuck with us and which have vanished from the game's collective memory.

We've retained "house arrest" to describe the arcane situation where compatibility exists and then fails in a place where the crew or Away Team can't simply split, but we've completely purged "stalled ships" from our vocabulary. (A "stalled ship" is an undocked, unstaffed ship, because it can't move.) We've retained the Premiere rule that, to play a personnel, you say, "[personnel card title] reports for duty," but we've memory-hole the Premiere rule that, to play an Interrupt, you must say, "Interrupt!"

Good stuff.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation