This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hi folks!

I'm living a bit in the future, and have some knowledge of what's coming. While working on some promo stuff recently, I noticed that we're coming up on promo 300 VP - our 300th virtual promo. That seems like a fairly significant milestone, so I thought I would turn to all of you and ask for suggestions for what card should take that illustrious spot.

So if you could make anything take promo slot 300 VP, what would you pick? I'd love to not just hear your answers, but the reasoning behind them!

-crp

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Deep Space Station K-7 with a [1E-DS9] logo from trials and tribble ations. With the ships round it like the VPs of ds9/Terok Nor. Because it would be cool, and it is a callback to a callback. And shiny Facilities are almost as cool as shiny missions.

And we only have a very crappy version of K-7 so a higher def one would be cool.

I don't think the episode had a picture of defiant and enterprise with K-7, since defiant was cloaked the whole time, but I vaguely remember an awesome shot with the enterprise and k-7 out the defiant's view screen. But that could be wishful thinking.

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
“Harvester Virus” from DS9, or another card from that episode + released in DS9 decipher set. If I counted correctly (no guarantees :wink: ), The Armageddon Game is the 300th episode of Star Trek aired, and there’s actually quite a few cards made from this episode. But, as a VP it would be nice to remake one of the cards with poor resolution on the current card on the site.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I've been trying to come up with a set of 9 for a "What would your dream promo series" be, and have been short so far, but the best two I came up with:

Montgomery Scott: We got the original with Scotty looking a little rough as he's just come out of the transporter buffer and the only AI is the same image but he's holding a Tribble for the TWT starters. There are better images of him to use from Relics.

Spock: Better base picture, but only AI we've ever gotten is him as a black border, which was 1 VP. An actual AI might be a nice bookend for 300.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
The 300 promo, it seems to me, should be something that represents Star Trek cards to everyone.

So it should be the most representative of All Star Trek cards.

300 VP Linda Larson (foil)

(Honorable mention: Kromm)
 -  
Prophet
I appreciate both the sincere and the troll suggestions. You guys never disappoint me!

Keep 'em coming.

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Is there any opportunity for crossover (no, not Crossover) appeal?

First thing that comes to my mind when I hear 300 is "THIS. IS. SPARTA!!!"

Is there a way to Trek-ify that?

Also, since it's already the name of an achievement, I don't think I'm *that far* out of bounds... :shifty:
 -  
Prophet
Armus wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:46 pm Is there any opportunity for crossover (no, not Crossover) appeal?

Also, since it's already the name of an achievement, I don't think I'm *that far* out of bounds... :shifty:
What would Star Trek's "THIS. IS. SPARTA!!!" moment be?

-crp

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
Two ideas:

AI of the U.S.S. Defiant, both black-bordered and white-bordered (with the existence of the latter vigorously denied for a few days after release).

Alternately, an AI of the card that Decipher previewed on April Fool's Day 2003 to tease that they were going to do something more with First Edition after they'd already started Second Edition, In for a Trim.
MidnightLich wrote:
Armus wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:46 pm Is there any opportunity for crossover (no, not Crossover) appeal?

-crp
First scene that comes to mind is the Defiant facing down the Dominion fleet in the Bajoran Wormhole in "Sacrifice of Angels".

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:59 pm

-crp
Two initial thoughts come to mind:

[SD] Picard's The Line Must Be Drawn Here speech from First Contact

[SD] Picard's exchange with Admiral Fuckface ("how many people does it take, Admiral?") that leads him to take off the pips and start an Insurrection.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

-crp
Khan yelling "This is Ceti Alpha 5!" at Chekov? the obvious problem there being that is already a Khan VP.

There is a scene in DS9 where Weyoun and Sisko exchange some false pleasantries about removing the minefield from the wormhole, and in the next scene Sisko says "they are going to attack". Not as dramatic as yelling out "This is Sparta!" but... possible?

Quark gives a speech in the Magnificent Ferengi about 10 Ferengi facing a 1000 aliens of some name, and his cousin recalls they were all slaughtered... clearly a Sparta reference...
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023

-crp
Whatever it is would require beefcake.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Armus wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:21 pm [SD] Picard's exchange with Admiral Fuckface ("how many people does it take, Admiral?") that leads him to take off the pips and start an Insurrection.
I was wondering just who that term referred to. Must be a 2E thing and/or an inside joke.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation